Jeff Cameron

Supercharged
Ride
2014 Triumph Rocket III Roadster
I bought a new riding jacket today.....After trying on a ton of different jackets I went with the Olympia Dakar Duel Sport Jacket...

http://olympiamotosports.com/catalog/dakar-dual-sport-jacket/

Not really the type of jacket you would first think of for a Rocket rider but I wanted a multi layer jacket and I wanted one that was longer in the body as they always seem to ride up on me a freeze a strip at my lower back. Going to take it for a ride test tomorrow and see how it works on the road.

Most of my armored gear is Olympia Moto Sports'. I think they offer pretty much the best bang for your buck when it comes to textile uppers and lowers.

Olympia was in my top three, but I went with Cortech GX Sport 3 Air and have been VERY pleased so far after 5500 miles.
I have worn it in 90°, in rain and in windy 40s. It has allowed me to wear protection at all times, even in the heat.

I did 250 km with the new jacket. So far my comments are -
1) with just the outer shell on the jacket fits much looser ....not really a surprise when you are not wearing the other two layers but it does make the armored padding at the shoulders and elbows a little out of place. I will be playing with the adjusting straps to see if I can fix this.
2) compared to my Joe Rocket Mesh Jacket this new jacket is warmer. Stands to reason as the Joe Rocket one is full of holes/mesh all over. The new jacket has solid material on the top side of the arms, shoulders and back.
3) the high vis is very bright. For the last part of the ride it was full dark and the jacket seemed to have a bit of a glow from the street lights.

So far I am pleased with the new jacket and it will go a long way to meeting my goal of only having 1 jacket.

My wife and I both have Cortech long coats and matching pants. Very good stuff, especially in the rain. I looked at the Olympia stuff and opted for the Cortech because it was much cheaper, since it was on clearance sale at the time because the shop was closing/going out of business.

Nice coat...I like all the pockets, and the removable liners.

Back