eka

.020 Over
Ride
Triumph Rocket 3 2021
I bought a week ago slightly used (1500km) Rocket 3 R, which was registered 10/2021. Dealer said it has 4 years warranty, so i dared to buy my first second hand bike after almost 20 years.

First i was a bit disappointed about performance, but after a bit researching i installed nonrestricted map with TuneECU, which was a huge improvement. Rear suspension sucks, but managed to adjust it somehow acceptable. Also redused tire pressures quite a lot from recommended and let tire get sharp shocks - i don't mind if it wears tyres a bit more as feels much better. I have now 2,2 bar, but my study is not over yet as has driven it only three days so far. I guess that heavy cardan, huge tire and heavy plate holder doesn't make rear suspension any better. I thought to move plate in rear of subframe to reduce a bit unsprung weight. It looks cool where it is, but i guess it will make it a bit better.

I am customizing it for touring and will install hard bags. I don't like factory bags, even those holders are super nice. I will probably have bags there all the time, so doesn't really bother how rack looks when no bags. I also need top box. It doesn't never look pretty, but i have no options. That factory rear rack does look fragile and i don't like top box to be that high visually anyway. I have to build own racks somehow and already ordered bags that i would accept (Shad SH36 sidecases and SH58X expandable top box). I got all three much cheaper than factory bags too. Now just have to find out how to install it in nice compact packet - lol.

It scrapes footpegs quite easily and i checked that those already are in upper position. Also hurted my right foot a bit when it got ribbed off from peg in curve. I bended heel guard a bit to get more space, but have not tested yet. It was in akward angle and didn't let much room to adjust boot to peg well.

Otherwise i am quite happy with it so far.

Rocket.jpg

Back