First off another welcome from arizona some beautiful bikes , I am actually in love with the Ariel 4 but that is just me. And post away including scooters , I love everything two wheeled. Have a scooter or 2 around here plus a Honda Super Cub CT100 !!

First off another welcome from arizona some beautiful bikes , I am actually in love with the Ariel 4 but that is just me. And post away including scooters , I love everything two wheeled. Have a scooter or 2 around here plus a Honda Super Cub CT100 !!

Jeffrey I had a few square fours, they are beautiful but many problems. The metal alloy they used polished great but was very weak. A proper restoration includes helli coils or timserts on all stressed holes. They have a terrible oiling system but a modern gear pump helps a lot. If not hot rodded they are ok but they look way better than they actually are. The Mark 1 with only 2 pipes tend to run to hot in the rear cylinders, the mark 2 four pipe models are ok. Honda Super Cubs are a piece of two wheeled history.

LV Dave I had heard that about the Sq 4 , Still love them , Had to use HeliCoils or Timserts on a number of Harley V-Twins , own a old 37 ULH still, will run all day long just not in a hurry , pretty comfortable too with that big old tractor seat !!! And what can I say about the Super Cub , mine is a 63 and I can still buy new parts for it , read that over 80 million have been made !!!!

Hello and welcome from the rainy UK..What a great list of British bikes,enjoy your rocket.:)

LV Dave I had heard that about the Sq 4 , Still love them , Had to use HeliCoils or Timserts on a number of Harley V-Twins , own a old 37 ULH still, will run all day long just not in a hurry , pretty comfortable too with that big old tractor seat !!! And what can I say about the Super Cub , mine is a 63 and I can still buy new parts for it , read that over 80 million have been made !!!!

Largest selling motorcycle of all time in fact...

You will find this amazing. In 1960 I bought a BRAND NEW UL (74in) FLATHEAD ENGINE still in the crate from MC SUPPLY on Slausen Ave in Los Angeles for the sum of $136.00. I put it in a Chopper and added a Sportster magneto to it and rode it for years. Neve had a lick of problems with that engine. Honda sold the Super Cub worldwide and in many countries it was the main form of transportation.

when you hit 70 it just all turns to s***. and you say you are 69:):):)
when you turn 70 we will sing you happy birthday:D

All my stuff went to $hit hitting 60! :eek: :roll:
I'll likely disintegrate when I hit 70!
Hope I'm riding "Kong" whenever it does happen!

Welcome Dave ,you certainly have a great collection but the Ford ranger jumped out at me being a Ford fan I have a 79 long wheel base F100 with a 460 big block in it , it really hauls ar** when you jump on it ,the blue car is my Ford Customline it has a 351 but I have a 460 to put into it one day it has been Engineer approved for a big block Receipt088.jpg the boss hog and V8 chopper are amazing, thanks for posting

Welcome Dave ,you certainly have a great collection but the Ford ranger jumped out at me being a Ford fan I have a 79 long wheel base F100 with a 460 big block in it , it really hauls ar** when you jump on it ,the blue car is my Ford Customline it has a 351 but I have a 460 to put into it one day it has been Engineer approved for a big block Receipt088.jpg the boss hog and V8 chopper are amazing, thanks for posting

Hi Ken, did you put the 460 in your 79? Here in the US the 460's only came in the F250 or larger. Mine was a special order when new to have the factory put the 460 in my F150. You have a nice Customline also. Here is my other old car, its a 38 Buick Special, original paint, only 21000 miles on it.
38 buick pic.jpg

Back