Hi Ken, did you put the 460 in your 79? Here in the US the 460's only came in the F250 or larger. Mine was a special order when new to have the factory put the 460 in my F150. You have a nice Customline also. Here is my other old car, its a 38 Buick Special, original paint, only 21000 miles on it.
38 buick pic.jpg

If, "He who dies with the most toys wins" is true -
YOU WIN, Amigo!!!!! :thumbsup:

Hi Ken, did you put the 460 in your 79? Here in the US the 460's only came in the F250 or larger. Mine was a special order when new to have the factory put the 460 in my F150. You have a nice Customline also. Here is my other old car, its a 38 Buick Special, original paint, only 21000 miles on it.
38 buick pic.jpg

Yes I put the 460 from a donor Galaxie with a C6 auto ,I recentred the 9'' diff down to a 3 to 1 ratio for highway running ,in Australia Ford continued the Customline range until 1959 mine is a 59 Star model , I always liked the late 30s/40s Buick 8s ,not many of them get Rodded down here but a nice big comfortable car,
Something you guys didn't get over there a few in Canada A 1948 Ford Pilot V8 they used the 221 cubic inch flatheads this is one I Rodded and repowered with a 5 litre Holden V8 unfortunately a big Clevo engine was too tight a fit in the small engine bay or it would have had one, My wife used it as an everyday driver for a few years,

Attachments

• SANY0190.JPG
    SANY0190.JPG
    597.2 KB · Views: 1
Yes I put the 460 from a donor Galaxie with a C6 auto ,I recentred the 9'' diff down to a 3 to 1 ratio for highway running ,in Australia Ford continued the Customline range until 1959 mine is a 59 Star model , I always liked the late 30s/40s Buick 8s ,not many of them get Rodded down here but a nice big comfortable car,
Something you guys didn't get over there a few in Canada A 1948 Ford Pilot V8 they used the 221 cubic inch flatheads this is one I Rodded and repowered with a 5 litre Holden V8 unfortunately a big Clevo engine was too tight a fit in the small engine bay or it would have had one, My wife used it as an everyday driver for a few years,

You're right I neveR seen one of those 48 PILOT. I had many flathead powered Fords.
33 FORD3.JPG
33 FORD7.JPG

Welcome Dave from down under.
I saw this Vincent a couple of weeks ago said he was thinking of selling it for $65,000.
image.jpg

Back