LAS VEGAS DAVE

Turbocharged
Ride
V8 CHOPPER, BOSS HOSS, 2015 ROCKET 3 TOURING
Hi everyone, my name is Dave and I just bought a Rocket 3 touring. I'm 73 and been steadily riding for 58 years. In the old days I owned and rode many British bikes. Triumph, BSA, Matchless, Ariel Sq 4, Vellocette, VINCENT HRD and a B model shadow, and of course many Harleys. About ten years ago I started riding V8 bikes, Boss Hoss and a V8 Chopper. I was in Montana last week on the Boss Hoss and someone crashed into me with a travel trailer. I came out pretty good with only 30 stitches in my left hand but my bike will be down for at least two months. I still have the V8 Chopper but I needed a touring bike. Five years ago I bought a Triumph T100 and was really impressed, I beat it constantly but it never broke or even leaked. I was in Los Angeles after I got out of the hospital a few days ago and I decided to stop by the Triumph dealer in Brea California. They had a new Rocket 3 on the floor and I had an empty trailer behind my truck since I dropped off the Boss Hoss at a dealers for the insurance to deal with. I ended up buying it and taking it home to Las Vegas. Today I rode it to the DMV but my left hand is still a mess and it was hard to work the clutch. I will try to give it a few more days but even at 73 years old a new bike is hard to let sit. I can't wait to get the first 500 miles n it and then see how it does on the freeway. Its quiet and it seems comfortable but with only 13 miles on it I don't have any opinions yet. I found this board so I joined. I hope to learn a lot from you guys about these bikes even before I get some miles on it. Dave

Attachments

• ROCKET 3.JPG
    ROCKET 3.JPG
    166.3 KB · Views: 1
You had a Vincent you had a Vincent and did I say you had Vincent, to hell with the rest of the bikes you had a Vincent:roll: welcome sorry to hear about your wee accident and enjoy the new bike, if I had a Boss Hoss in my stable the Rocket would never be used.

You had a Vincent you had a Vincent and did I say you had Vincent, to hell with the rest of the bikes you had a Vincent:roll: welcome sorry to hear about your wee accident and enjoy the new bike, if I had a Boss Hoss in my stable the Rocket would never be used.

I actually had two Vincents, they were good bikes in their day and they are good looking. Today they are over restored and are absolutely beautiful. The Boss Hoss is good but like all bikes has ups and downs. I will post a picture of both of my V8 bikes, some have probably never seen one.

Attachments

• MY AVATAR.jpg
    MY AVATAR.jpg
    796.6 KB · Views: 2
  • BOSS HOSS.JPG
    BOSS HOSS.JPG
    598.4 KB · Views: 1
Welcome from Brisbane Australia. Wow, you have had some really awesome bikes! The rocket will feel pretty modest after the Hoss.. I am sure you will find the Rocket has a bit of the right dose of a bit of the best in most of the bikes you have previously owned. The size, the power and the glory!
Hope you get healed up soon so you can get on her ASAP!

Another Aussie welcome mate :thumbsup: I hope you heal up fast and get some miles on her you will love it.
I would love to see so pictures of the old bikes if you had them.
Cheers Pete

WELCOME, Dave!
Quite an eclectic and impressive body of motors. :thumbsup:

Another Aussie welcome mate :thumbsup: I hope you heal up fast and get some miles on her you will love it.
I would love to see so pictures of the old bikes if you had them.
Cheers Pete

Pete, I have many pictures of my old bikes, most in the last eighteen years as they were restored. I don't think this site is the proper place to post them as it is a Rocket 3 site. I can send you them to an email if you want. I am going to the Triumph dealer tomorrow to see if they can get rid of the cats by replacing my pipes even before I get the initial 500 miles on it. My hand could be getting better while they do this and maybe I wouldn't have to deal with it later. Its hot here in Las Vegas and the cats even make more heat so I hope they can do something about that.

Welcome from another brissi aussie.
I can only echo Scot in Exile, vincents are a mythical beast and to be able to have owned a couple is pretty special.

Pete, I have many pictures of my old bikes, most in the last eighteen years as they were restored. I don't think this site is the proper place to post them as it is a Rocket 3 site. I can send you them to an email if you want. I am going to the Triumph dealer tomorrow to see if they can get rid of the cats by replacing my pipes even before I get the initial 500 miles on it. My hand could be getting better while they do this and maybe I wouldn't have to deal with it later. Its hot here in Las Vegas and the cats even make more heat so I hope they can do something about that.

Bollocks...post away...the average rocket owner is older than dirt and would have seen half of your rides as new on showroom floors. I'm pretty sure I can say on behalf of many that we would love to see pics of whatever it is you ride (short of vespa's, ct110's and wide glides of course:roll:)

oh, and welcome from Oz :thumbsup:

Back