New Avons and Indian Scout

Mike

American Legion Rider
Ride
2015 R3T
I had new Avons mounted yesterday, initial impression is positive. I will know more after the RAAX trip. Dealer in town is a 'most brands' shop, not Triumph but generally does good work but can not balance the Rocket rear wheel assy, his shaft is too short.:rolleyes: We installed balance beads, 3 oz, I have never used those before. After I put everything back together I tested it to 85 mph with no vibration, time will tell.
As to the Indian, they sell them there and have the new Scout models on display. I just do not get it:confused:, 4 of them on the floor, 3 tagged as sold. Sitting on it was terrible...hard seat and you are on top of the bike, feels like a bicycle, no mass or heft. Most definitely not for me, Triumph has spoiled me.

Too bad they couldn't put the big engine in the stripped down Scout. Now it's just an overpriced 883 Sportster. The Indians are nice looking bikes but the prices, especially for accessories, are ridiculous.

My local Victory/Indian dealership, which might pick up a Triumph agency soon, cannot get any Scouts from the factory at this time. They have pre-sold more than a dozen of them and the factory has told them not to expect any before June... Indian/Polaris has been overwhelmed with orders and cannot keep up with current demand.

My local Victory/Indian dealership, which might pick up a Triumph agency soon, cannot get any Scouts from the factory at this time. They have pre-sold more than a dozen of them and the factory has told them not to expect any before June... Indian/Polaris has been overwhelmed with orders and cannot keep up with current demand.
I recently read in an Aussie motorcycle magazine that the entire first Australian consignment of Scouts had sold out not long after hitting the showrooms!

Go INDIAN!!!
Do they have a Lil Beaver model like, mine on the left?

There is one at our Polaris dealer.it looks like a papoose compared to the other Indians.

Back