New 06 and it is snowing

notcvrd

Standard Bore
Snow in Wisconsin in April - go figure. I sold my ST1300 and took the jump to the mighty Rocket III. Am looking forward to actually being able to touch the ground and to SMOKE the Harley's I ride with.

:bch:

Jim - La Crosse, WI

Better hang auround here......

I'm threatining you. You better become a regular poster here. Why? Because I'm going to come to LaCrosse, Wisconsin on my R3 in a few weeks and I need someone to show this old fart the nightlife. Actually, It's a business trip with some fun added. Hopefully, it won't be cold and snowing. :)

It don't take much to 'smoke' a lawnmower. Just overfill it with cheap oil and watch it blue smoke.

Happy You're Here

First of all welcome to the forum. I hope you have half as much fun on your 06 as I do on the 05. As always, post pictures and help us settle the fastest color question.

Second, don't let Flip threaten you! At his age and condition the only thing you'll have to show him is where the bathroom is located and where the retirement home bus is parked.

Now that I mentioned that........ I have to go.

Aren't you lucky to get Flip & Pianoman to respond to your introduction first! But don't get spooked, they are harmless. Welcome to the insanity combined with good spirit and alot of technical advice on the Rocket. Are you old enough to remember, or have you seen reruns of the Groucho Marx show when the stork came down when the contestant said the secret word? The same applies here, but you need to avoid the secret words: Tatoo's (Flip weirds out), Carbon Fibre Wheels, E-Bay, Sheep (Jamie gets excited) and most of all any mention of the myth that Red is faster than Black...that was settled long ago. Welcome.

Last edited:
Welcome Jim. I think most of us have been cheated out of some quality riding time due to the weather this year.

I ride on occasion with some Harleys. It's not even a contest. The Rocket has left such a lasting impression that most all of those guys turn down the offer for a test ride.

Pianoman:

'Where the retirement home bus is parked'......man, that's a blast. I felt the sting all the way over here in good old Petersburg. Show me the bus and I'll drive it. I start school tomorow morning at 7:45 am. Some retirement. 84 hours of course study, testing with the Highway Patrol and Federal DOT and then the final exam...all for driving the retirement bus among other things.

By the way, it's snowing here....again. Here's hoping that it may warm up by July.:D

Soory Flip

It's been in the 80's here for the last two day's. Left work last night at 5 (on the bike) didn't get home till 9 (it only takes 20 min, to get home). Rocket time is funny that way.:D

Hi notcvrd, always nice to have new meat, er I mean riders join our growing little ensemble of nuts,wackos,and ernest guys like, like never mind. Welcome and don't be shy as we have all been misrepresented from time to time. It just adds to the special flavor of this site. One of the 1st things you may want to consider if you are under 200 lbs is different rear shocks as the stock ones are a bit stiff with super heavy springs. Heavy riders don't seem to have a problem. Welcome

+200 lbs

A lot of us have worked hard to get past that 200 lb. barrier so that we could enjoy the stock shocks. When I joined the Navy in 1971 I only weighed 125 lbs, it took me about 20 years to hit the 200 mark, I knew that one day it would pay off so that I wouldn't (maybe...haven't ridden it enough yet) have to splurge on Progressives, Lord knows I've splurged enough on this bike already...gotta save money somewhere.
On that note, Notcvrd enjoy the ride...global warming for this year is just a little later than normal, you'll be able to ride soon enough.
Ride safe.
Dennis:)
31 dtg!

Last edited:
Back