New 06 and it is snowing

Hey Flip,
I feel for you, just can't reach you...
Its supposed to be 72F tomorrow and wife and I will ride a bit.
Not really rubbing it in. Well, maybe a little.lol

Darron
You should experience Michigan in the summer some time, Last year it was on July, 24

I can take it from a warm weather bird like you Darron. I agree that you should come up here and expierence Michigan just like Gunshots and I do, everyday.

We have around 1" and it's snowing to beat hell.:D

July 24th = summer?

Gunshots,

This must be a private joke for northerners about us (Houston, TX born) southerners.

Don't fret, we have our jokes about... well... shall we say other Americans who happen to live north of the Mason Dixon Line.:roll:

darron

summertime

Flip,

Just to let you in on a fact....

It gets so hot here in July & August, we only pleasure ride early or late. And if you ride late, the bugs literally cover the windshield. During the day, its so hot with the air coming off the radiator it becomes less than fun to ride.:mad:

Emerald Ash Borrers

Dumb me,:confused:

What's Emerald Ash Borrers?

Trade you, sight unseen.

Fireants ruin everything. I work on A/C's and fire ants will follow live electricity. They ruin contactors, motors, switches, and a host of other things. I've seen them in the houses' Electrical Panels corroding contacts with their dead carcases to the point no electricity flows.:soapbox:

darron

Ash Borer explained.

Darron:

Basically, Emerald Ash Borers were an inported pest that have been traced back to shipping crates coming in on ships from (where else) China. It's a beetle that bores a "D" shaped hole in the bark of an Ash tree, deposits it's eggs and goes elsewhere. The eggs hatch and the little ones feed off the layer under the bark of the Ash tree where the sap or whatever flows and their 'mining' in that layer effectively kills the tree. Ash trsse are dying by literally the thousands around these parts and Ash trees are the main shade tree that replaced the Elm over 30 years ago when Dutch Elm diesase wiped them out.

There are actually quarantine areas (I live in one of them) where it's a crime to transport ash wood from one area to another for any use. Interestingly, Amy and I have 3 large, healthy Ash trees on the property that we have religiously treated with the only scientifically know deterrent to the Ash Borer. I don't know the chemical name but it's produced by the Bayer Chemical Company (aka Bayer Asprin), costs 25 bucks for a quart bottle and has to be mixed with water and poured around the base of the tree every spring. It smells like latex paint and looks like a vanilla milkshake and seems to work. The Monroe County Extension Agent lives about 2 miles from the farm and monitors our 3 trees very closely. I believe the Michigan Department of Agriculture is doing a case study on them though we've never been told one way or another.

I'd like to keep them alive and pest free untill either the borer dies out or all the other trees are dead around us (which isn't going to be much longer). Our Ash trees provide shade for the farmhouse. Besides, they are very stately trees.

I believe every region of the country has pest problems unique to that area. At least Ash Borers don't bite though the Chinese ladybugs that are here now do pinch. That's another story.

thanks

Flip,

I appreciate the info. Having never lived north of New Mexico or California, or Louisiana, I know very little of other areas peculiarities. I've been to Sturgis, (I rode mine), and points west and south but only to spend a night or two and leave for another site.

It seems every area has its pluses and minuses.

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO - I just got my new pipes from Thunderbike and they came faster that the stuff I ordered from Texas!!! Now I just need the bike to put them on - shipping company is supposed to pick it up today or tomorrow. Oh well, until it comes I will be sitting on my lawn tractor, blowing into a Thunderbike pipe, riding my Norwegian Rockett. :p I wonder if the rockett will be faster than the John Deere? Would the TuneBoy help the tractor out? :eek:

Back