need some advice

cane corso

Turbocharged
Ride
05 Triumph rocket 111
I making a complete new spoiler, my question is I made a little spoiler flare on the bottom of the spoiler. When the bike is on its kickstand with the bottom of my spoiler is 4 inches and I decided to put another inch on so no its 3 inches so before I spend any more time carving the spoiler more more to be 3 inches off the ground when the kickstand is down. I was wondering for my safety, is it possible that its too low and can hit the ground?
Or will it be impossible to hit the ground ?
Yes the scoop comes off right now its just screwed on with cheap screws but when finished it will have nice chrome screws and I'm not sure if I going to go up into the radiator like my last one but we will see this one is more sleek then my last one.

Last edited:
Cane Corso, I had a couple of horns mounted low of my bike. I don't think they were as low as your new spoiler set-up. They would drag riding 2 up going around hard corners. The fork compresses and takes up the little bit of clearance you have. You might try comressing your fork with ratchet straps and then have someone help you lean the bike over to check.

What happened to your old spoiler that looks pretty nice.:rolleyes: Lester

spoiler

Lester, was the bottom of your horns about 4 inches off the ground when the bike was leaned on the kick stand?
Maybe I'll just keep it like the last picture because thats only a inch lower then my other spoiler.
With that extra inch its two inches lower then my other spoiler.

I still have my other spoiler I'm happy with it but I just wanted to do another and see what one I like the best befor I spend money on it.

Hey cane Corso, my only issue would be going over speed bumps and maybe curbs. I hit with 13" progressives going up a curb to get home especially 2-up.

Spoiler

Baggagel, I just went outside and sat on my Rocket to sit it up straight and my daughter said from the bottom of the spoiler with that extra piece drops it to 3 1/2 inches and with out that piece it will be 4 1/2 inches.
When you say when you go over a speed bump with two up you hit? Do you have motorplan spoiler? Because my other spoiler that would be 5 1/2 inches above the ground and my wife and I went over big speed bumps and it never hit.
My other spoiler is even with the bottom of my engine. Perhaps I'll just take off that extra inch to be safe.

I change shocks and go back to stock 12.5, 2-up cane. I have to go from grass to street and the curb is high and I hit the bottom of the pan if I'm not careful and get the low spot just right. I think your decision is wise.

spoiler

Baggagel, Why don't you get a few bags of gravel and make a little ramp that tappers back on to the road it would make it a lot more easy to get from grass to road, and it would be cheep.

Lester, was the bottom of your horns about 4 inches off the ground when the bike was leaned on the kick stand?
Maybe I'll just keep it like the last picture because thats only a inch lower then my other spoiler.
With that extra inch its two inches lower then my other spoiler.

I still have my other spoiler I'm happy with it but I just wanted to do another and see what one I like the best befor I spend money on it.

The left horn was about 4 inches off the ground on the kick stand. The only times they would drag is 2 up on corners. I'm about 235 and my wife won't tell me what she weighs and I'm afraid to guess. :eek: She might read this some day.:rolleyes:

Cane...

I'd consider your clearance height for speed bumps/humps and curb heights. I'd hate for you to go to all of that effort only to have it ripped off by hitting a high curb or tall speed bump.

You might consider touring the local ******-rocket shops and taking some measurements to see how high they are off of the ground.

My 2cents

spoiler

Ratboy, that makes sence but I don't think I'll ever tip my Rocket like those sport bikes but better be safe then sorry.

Back