Exhaust advice

laraza

Turbocharged
Ride
09 R3 Classic
I have an 09 classic that I was going to fit the TORS from a Roadster to....the stumbling block was the cost of a decat link pipe.
Then I got to thinking........could I fit just the right side TORS with a simple link pipe from the headers?
I have no experience with this sort of thing, would it be too loud? What sort of tune would i need? Is there a technical reason this wouldn't work?
Advice and thoughts gratefully received

Physically I don't see why not, it would just take a piece of tube bent up to suit.
I don't think it would be too loud, but your idea of loud and mine could be quite different.
You would want some sort of styling cover/heat shield to cover the joint.
But I do think that just one TOR maybe quite restrictive, hard to say

I can't advise on a tune to suit, talk to HansO.

Did you get a price from me for my free flow cross over pipe ? Drop me a PM.

Frank

As Paul says no reason at all why it would not work.

Noise - I doubt it will be that different to twin pipes. The note might change though due to gas flow through the hole being doubled.
Restriction - Will probably perform much like stock.

A decent tune will help though a Triumph TORS tune would certainly do for now.

I know Dave Platt's stuff is not "Chinese e-Bay" cheap - but he has what you want - I'm pretty sure of it.

What is the aim of the swap?

1)Be different.
2)Power
3)Noise
4)Aesthetics

When you have that list ordered the final answer becomes much much simpler.
Just doing things on cost alone is only really a go if you can fabricate yourself.

If POWER is anywhere on the list btw - Change the **** headers.

I have a simple pipe similar to this here sat in a box. CAFE RACER GRAND PRIX STYLE STAINLESS STEEL EXHAUST WITH SEPARATE BRACKET - Cafe Racer Seats

If you are going to do a 3 into 1 - do it!.

Oh and Exhaust Flexi (Clamp-On) : Exhaust Parts UK, Flexi, Bracket, Stainless Steel Exhaust Products, Custom Exhaust Reducers, Custom Exhaust Flexible Pipe

Last edited:
Physically I don't see why not, it would just take a piece of tube bent up to suit.
I don't think it would be too loud, but your idea of loud and mine could be quite different.

Wouldn't the stock heat shield work for that?

Frank

As Paul says no reason at all why it would not work.

Noise - I doubt it will be that different to twin pipes. The note might change though due to gas flow through the hole being doubled.
Restriction - Will probably perform much like stock.

A decent tune will help though a Triumph TORS tune would certainly do for now.

I know Dave Platt's stuff is not "Chinese e-Bay" cheap - but he has what you want - I'm pretty sure of it.

What is the aim of the swap?

1)Be different.
2)Power
3)Noise
4)Aesthetics

When you have that list ordered the final answer becomes much much simpler.
Just doing things on cost alone is only really a go if you can fabricate yourself.

If POWER is anywhere on the list btw - Change the **** headers.

I have a simple pipe similar to this here sat in a box. CAFE RACER GRAND PRIX STYLE STAINLESS STEEL EXHAUST WITH SEPARATE BRACKET - Cafe Racer Seats

If you are going to do a 3 into 1 - do it!.

Oh and Exhaust Flexi (Clamp-On) : Exhaust Parts UK, Flexi, Bracket, Stainless Steel Exhaust Products, Custom Exhaust Reducers, Custom Exhaust Flexible Pipe

I have the TORS already so would like to put them to use.

Thanks Paul.

I did get a quote from you and, ideally, your link pipe is the way I'd like to go but been out of work for a bit, just got a job and can't afford your pipe

Back