need help identifying age of an R3

Of the engine is or was built in 2009 or newer all the updated components are in it. You'll be safe even if its the touring model. The only thing that has neen updated or shall we say changed is the lifter piece. Not that there is anything wrong with yours, imo the newer one is a better design. But don't change it until your in it. I just did my 07 last year.
Oh and sorry its a touring model and not the bug eye'd beast :D

I want a tourer, so the bug eyed beast would not suit, but I'm guessing I can uptune at a later date is required :)

I want a tourer, so the bug eyed beast would not suit, but I'm guessing I can uptune at a later date is required :)

Hi Graywulf.

Recently there's been an R3T for sale down in Wellington, a Red and Black one. It has aftermarket bars, D&D exhaust and a heap of accessories was on TM for a while. Don't think it sold. It used to belong to a good friend and while its got a few k's on it, it was well looked after, if it comes up again you should seriously look at it.

Hi Graywulf.

Recently there's been an R3T for sale down in Wellington, a Red and Black one. It has aftermarket bars, D&D exhaust and a heap of accessories was on TM for a while. Don't think it sold. It used to belong to a good friend and while its got a few k's on it, it was well looked after, if it comes up again you should seriously look at it.

Thanks sleeves,
the one I'm mulling over is less than 30k, so really it's 'new' for a bike of this capacity. But I will keep an eye for other options, :)

Hi Graywulf,

Don't let them give you grief over the touring model it is great bike. With a simple ECU update you can have all the muscle of the Roadster.

Then the bug will bite and you will want more. Even though it makes no sense.

If you have the vin give a Triumph Dealer a call and they can tell you if there are any updates needed.

Welcome from Indiana

Hi Graywulf,

Don't let them give you grief over the touring model it is great bike. With a simple ECU update you can have all the muscle of the Roadster.

Then the bug will bite and you will want more. Even though it makes no sense.

If you have the vin give a Triumph Dealer a call and they can tell you if there are any updates needed.

Welcome from Indiana

Hi Billy,
it's OK, my skin is 'thick' lol. I also like the 'original' Valkyrie, but they are even thinner on the ground here {NZ}. I'm more interested in torque than outright power, hence a CB1300, and had a Yammy MT-01 stage 2+ before the Honda, massively torquey V twin, downside was it destroyed rear lids quite quickly. I doubt a 'full bore' R3 would be any different.

Hi graywulf welcome from Christchurch.

You will never regret buying a Rocket.

Got an 06 15 months ago and love it.

Just went for a ride up the northern motorway and I must learn to keep it below the the loss of licence speed.

50 shades of Graywulf!...Welcome aboard from Christchurch...cant help on the year thing sorry but either way you will enjoy the rocket...they become very addictive..there is alot of knowledge in this forum so ask away..cheers Tal.

Graywulf, welcome from Maine, on the east coast of the US. Goodluck in your search, you'll fall in love with the beast.

Hoopla

Back