Need help finding part number for my R3

Doug Meek

.020 Over
I need help finding a part number. I live a long ways from any Triumph dealer, and the closest dealer was unable to identify the part over the phone on the microfiche.

The instruments on my R3 are attached to the upper handlebar clamp via a bracket and 2 screws. There is a cheezy chrome cover that goes over these screws and bracket. This is the part that I need. Does anyone out there have any idea what the part number might be? I really hate to have to drive all the way to the dealer just to find and order the part. Besides, I really dislike the dealer anyways. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Doug

Just to be sure use the parts diagram on this site. It will also list the part numbers and you can also order it from them . . . handy eh?

Motorcycle Parts, Motorcycle Accessories by BikeBandit.com

Just to be sure use the parts diagram on this site. It will also list the part numbers and you can also order it from them . . . handy eh?

Motorcycle Parts, Motorcycle Accessories by BikeBandit.com

BD -

What an awesome link! I found my part number. Thanks so much for your help.

As a side note, I can't believe how much that sucker costs. It's a really cheap 2" long plastic chrome piece and it costs $20.23! I hope that this is not indicative of Triumph prices as a whole. Nonetheless, thanks again BD !

Doug

Typically, OEM motorcycle replacement parts are marked up 500%. The same is true for automotive OEM parts.

If you were to build a R3 from replacement OEM parts, the bike would cost about 100 grand.

A glaring example is the tie rod end for a 350 Ford Superduty. The company that makes all of them is in Portland, Michigan. I've been to the plant a few times and seen them pop 'em out like jellybeans. The cost to make one is 25 cents. if you go to a dealer and buy one, it's 56 bucks. Hows that for markup.:D

I used to work for Isuzu. We were happy to pay people to work weekends or holidays to make service parts! It's been quite a while since I worked there, but I think the cost of a hood was about $8-$10 even with the inner reinforcement welded to it. Not sure what a new hood costs, but I'm pretty sure it's significantly more than $8 if you or I were to buy one.

Back