National Cycle responds back

High Gear

.040 Over
I emailed National cycle about making a taller screen for the 9 bolt R3 shield.
Cee Bailey and Clearview have no problem making them but they only work with Acrylic.
I want the safety and durability that Poly ( Lexan) offers.

Hi Martin,

At this point we have no plans to produce such a windshield - I will document this as a request, and if you have more friends looking for one, send them our way! The more people we have requesting a product, the more likely we will produce one.

Thanks,

--
Peter Bernacchi
Account Representative
866-ZTECHNK ext. 127 or
2200 Maywood Drive
Maywood, Illinois 60153

Big screens and Chaps belong in the same bin as Dorags.............just sayin

Big screens and Chaps belong in the same bin as Dorags.............just sayin
I'm with you on the chaps. As far as the screen goes, I think the Ozzies are just a tougher breed.

I had a Cee Bailey on a TBird because they use them on airplanes. How much safer can you get?

I just ordered a stock height Clearview with an extra inch on each side.

I'm with you on the chaps. As far as the screen goes, I think the Ozzies are just a tougher breed.

I had a Cee Bailey on a TBird because they use them on airplanes. How much safer can you get?

I just ordered a stock height Clearview with an extra inch on each side.

i have a madstad installed. it is acrylic, but they made it two inches taller at my request for no extra charge. note; it is a single piece design, just a big slab.
everything on their website about the two piece wind design does not apply to the rocket. i do like the robo brackets as it let me move the shield up, down and
lean it forward and back.

i have a madstad installed. it is acrylic, but they made it two inches taller at my request for no extra charge. note; it is a single piece design, just a big slab.
everything on their website about the two piece wind design does not apply to the rocket. i do like the robo brackets as it let me move the shield up, down and
lean it forward and back.
Acrylic is cheaper to make ,get what you want.
OEM is Lexan ....
Used to make custom automation machines back in the day .
Used Lexan for guards ,wouldn't waste our time with acrylic as they can shatter just in the machining process.
Probably wasting my time here.

Never ridden with a screen on a bike that didn't make the riding experience worse. The noise and buffetting sucks and not worth the questionable benefits in my opinion. I'd much rather wear better gear and enjoy being in the wind.

I didn't even think about acrylic vs polycarbonate to be honest. Happy with my Clearview anyway though...

As for ride quality, the screen just has to be large enough to do the job.

In my opinion there are two sweet spots - one is a giant sail of a screen that blows 99% of the stuff past you, and the other is a screen that's cut so low that the air hits your upper chest area and leaves the helmet in the breeze. I did that on my previous bike. That was a nice combo between offloading you from having to fight the wind to sit upright the way you have to on a cruiser-seating-style bike and still having a clear airflow on the helmet.

Most bikes with shields have a stupid shield that's both too large to give the helmet some clean air and too small to actually keep the turbulence off you.

Most bikes don't have a huge radiator and tank to create turbulence around your ears.

Back