Nashville Moment

britman

Nitrous
Ride
2005 Rocket 3/2014 Moto Guzzi Touring
I can't recall anyone posting about the gentleman and his wife we met in front of the Cracker Barrel on Saturday morning during RAA 2007. We all know how unusual to meet another Rocket 3 rider when you are on the road no matter where you live. We are just not normal, as much of the info found on this site can verify. We had left the Taliban 8 and went across the street to the CB to have breakfast before heading over to the Triumph Dealership across town. I believe there were at least 8 Rockets and 3 Harleys all parked in two parking spaces directly in front of the restaurant. Some of us were out front with the bikes when a couple on a motorcycle pulled into the far end of the parking lot. When the guy approached he was wearing a Triumph tee shirt, and his first words were "****, I didn't know this many Rockets existed." Turns out he was local to the Nashville area and had just bought a 2007 R/3 with the black and white paint scheme. I believe Rusty later gave him the website address before we departed. The look on his face was priceless when he and his wife walked up. In two years of riding I have only passed one other Rocket on these Virginia roads this guy finds a whole nest of them.

I forgot about that.....

G:

You are right. I completely forgot about that. I must have been more concerned with your '*****' pictures.

I have never seen the guy on here though Rusty did give the web address and invited him 'aboard'. He and his wife were quite taken back by all the Rockets. Come to think of it, so was I, everytime we all went somewhere.

I'm wondering if Rusty is gonna mention the girls in the gas station where we fueled up in Nashville......? If he don't, I'll never....

Dang Flip, I forgot about those little teasing Bitxhes. They got us old men all excited about wanting to go for a ride "naked" but when we showed up on the Rockets as they exited the station with their cigs & drinks, they didn't want anything to do with us.

I figure they saw the bikes & thought if they did go riding with us naked on those things, they would come back without any flesh on either. Zoooooooooooooooom!

ps. Little "Cute" teasing Bitxhes by the way.

Back