How is the noise insulation, fit and finish? I have seen these online but they seem to get very mixed reviews..
A.t.m. i am thinking my next helmet will be Arai, Shoei or Schubert. They cost an arm and a leg, but at least SHOEI, if the RF200 i had is anything to judge by, are worth it in the long run..

Usually I have Schuberth, Shoei and HJC Size M, so I ordered it same size. First three rides I thought that it‘s maybe too small, because it was quite tight. But there were no pressure points, it was no pain. wearing it longer than three hours.

Then on my test ride of the Streetfighter V4S with speeds about 270/280 kph I was pretty glad to have size M ;)

It is definite an ‚airy‘ helmet, use it in summer.
Sometimes I wear sunglasses, no problem to settle them while wearing the helmet.

I ride with a balaclava, so the noise is reduced. Yes, this helmet is louder than my others, but aerodynamically the best of all helmets so far.
Having a side look at top speed is easy.

Wearing the helmet for about a month now, daily(!), there is nothing to discuss about the materials or the finish.

Hope that helps you out - give this one a try. It‘s absolutely worth it.

Warm regards
Sven

Thanks! There are always new (to me) helmets popping up on the radar, Icon, the Shark carbon fiber and Scorpion EXO 1400 cf seem interesting aa well:
Things is, i more or less *know* i will get the top of the line with ARAI SHOEI and Schubert, but it annoys me they're so expensive vs the others..

Thanks! There are always new (to me) helmets popping up on the radar, Icon, the Shark carbon fiber and Scorpion EXO 1400 cf seem interesting aa well:
Things is, i more or less *know* i will get the top of the line with ARAI SHOEI and Schubert, but it annoys me they're so expensive vs the others..
...and there is no other with this martial design ;)

...and there is no other with this martial design ;)
I have the Scorpion EXO Combat, which IMO is cooler than the Icon, but that one's like having a colander in front of your face :) A pure summer helmet.

How is the noise insulation, fit and finish? I have seen these online but they seem to get very mixed reviews..
A.t.m. i am thinking my next helmet will be Arai, Shoei or Schubert. They cost an arm and a leg, but at least SHOEI, if the RF200 i had is anything to judge by, are worth it in the long run..
Well it’s a lot quieter then my Simpson Bandit RX7. It’s better built than my Roof Boxer. It’s about the same comfort as my mid-range Shark helmet - they are both super comfortable - but the Icon has a bit more mouth and nose room. I have a really nice carbon Bell helmet, but that’s less comfortable than the Icon. So it’s my favourite at the moment - I also really like that they released the matching gold rear spoiler for it.
I was looking at the Ruroc 2, and I might get one of those and give it a go, not sure yet.

I agree this bluetooth module is quite expensive. The real interest for my personal use is to pilot the GoPro. It is so easy to start a movie or take photos. But I am very pleased because I can manage nearly everything with one button and the mount allows to charge the battery and to check its level on the TFT screen.

GoPro R3 SMALL.jpeg

I agree this bluetooth module is quite expensive. The real interest for my personal use is to pilot the GoPro. It is so easy to start a movie or take photos. But I am very pleased because I can manage nearly everything with one button and the mount allows to charge the battery and to check its level on the TFT screen.

GoPro R3 SMALL.jpeg
Which Gopro model are you using? It refuses to connect to my GoPro Session 5...

Back