My story...2006 R3 special edition

You need to send some pictures of the sissy bar. Since the stocks are no longer in production I see people looking dailey for something that will work. Especially if they don't have to pay international shipping. Welcome and and good luck!

Needed 1" spacers from home depot and 4 bolts with nuts. The 2 holes drilled on the brackets and they mounted up nicely leaving the original chrome trim off. This sissy bar is very solid.

Here is the link...
www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B071XNQKNR?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Attachments

• 20190817_120935.jpg
    20190817_120935.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 3
You need to send some pictures of the sissy bar. Since the stocks are no longer in production I see people looking dailey for something that will work. Especially if they don't have to pay international shipping. Welcome and and good luck!

I posted more pics of it in the mod section. Titled "sissy bar for $57US"

Congrats nice looking bike but in my opinion it would look better without the trunk:D do you have your motorbike license? older rockets basically have no resale value --- a 2006 pristine condition 2300cc bike for $4000 how can you sleep at night:roll:

First thing that went was the trunk. I Mounted it so well that the base plate broke because it was to cheaply made. Now I need to find a stronger replacement. I'm rocking the modded shadow sissy bar now.

welcome from arizona
if the bike still has original head lights they suck
if riding at night u might want to search the head light threads.

I tried finding a headlight thread, but there are many of them and all of them seem to have broken links or are from 2015 or older. What headlight is best now in 2019?

After wandering all the crap headlight threads I decided to go on Amazon and buy well reviewed led headlights. The ones I bought had many great reviews but one ride and I hate them. I installed them, went out that night and my visibility was worse, not better. Then my tail light went out and a cop gave me a warning. Finally I got hit by a huge rainstorm on my way home and my visibility was so bad I decided to give up on this set of lights and just ask you all.

... I decided to go on Amazon and buy well reviewed led headlights. The ones I bought had many great reviews but one ride and I hate them. I installed them, went out that night and my visibility was worse, not better. Then my tail light went out and a cop gave me a warning .... .
Per my PM reply, the tail-light out is down to blown fuse caused by the park-light sockets from the original headlights - when you remove the bulbs, the bayonet shorts to the socket and blows the fuse (and will do so repeatedly unless you address the socket issue)
As to performance (also from my reply), OEM harness is definitely not limiting its capability - you either have wired incorrectly or they are just poor performing lamps.

Maybe you can link those you purchased ........

Link
Per my PM reply, the tail-light out is down to blown fuse caused by the park-light sockets from the original headlights - when you remove the bulbs, the bayonet shorts to the socket and blows the fuse (and will do so repeatedly unless you address the socket issue)
As to performance (also from my reply), OEM harness is definitely not limiting its capability - you either have wired incorrectly or they are just poor performing lamps.

Maybe you can link those you purchased ........

Link to BAD headlights. I do not like the light output at all.

www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B018LXCV4U?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

i went with one harley daymaker and it worked good (they come in chrome or black)they r expensive
they were about $400
after a while i just picked up a Chinese headlight for the other side (i am more on function than looks it don't bother me that they r different)
there r a couple of different day makers. i will see if i can find a link.

Back