My first 1000km's on the Rocket

ricochet

Rocket Captain
Ride
2012 Rocket III Roadster
So I've finally managed to complete the first 1000km's of riding on my 2012 Roadster!

In Summation, I love this bike. :D

When I first started to get to know this bike, I was being extra careful and weary of it... the weight of this bike scared me a little. My legs are a little short so manuevering the bike around in a parking lot was a little scary at first.

Now after 1000kms, I have really come to appreciate the design and geometry of the bike. It's a solid ride. The suspension is worlds better then my previous Suzuki. The torque for cruising around is perfect, never having to downshift whenever trying to just speed up or overtake someone.. Its a beautiful thing.

I've got a sissy bar attached to it now with a nice sized bag which makes it very conveniant for when I am commuting. I ride this bike both in the city and out of the city.

I did read some reviews else where complaining about how its too big, its too heavy for riding in the city but truthfully I find that false. It handles great even at low speeds, crawling along with out even having to put feet down. Other then the fact that is can heat up in the middle of a scorching day, its not worse then the garbage electraglide harley I rented a few weeks ago that roasted the inside of my legs red.

The feel of the clutch is so smooth for easy lift off, and the gear selector is way smoother and less clunky then my other bikes.

I did a little bit of a test run yesterday to see how much mileage I can get out of a tank, I ran out of road before the tank was able to empty but I am guessing if I didn't take a passenger and rode at a consistent speed I definitely could get at least 350 or more out of a tank of gas. Thats really good!

All in all, I am really pleased with this bike. I think after riding that harley last month in Arizona I took a whole new approach to appreciating a really well built and refined machine like the Triumph... So strong, so cool looking and unique compared to the other bikes on the road. Looking forward to the next 50,000kms!

Much the same impression as mine, it's a fat pig at < 5 mph but after that you really can't complain. I've been having great fun on ride outs with sporty bike types...it's a very impressive machine considering it's size and weight.

I'll do doing a ~1000 mile weekend ride in 3 weeks, up into the Scottish borders, should be a good crack! Again with sporty bikes :)

I just wish there were some decent after market exhaust systems that didn't cost a bomb! Just hope after an 18 month wait (warranty) there will be more options out there for the roadster! Zard snake welded is lovely but ouch, that price!

Much the same impression as mine, it's a fat pig at < 5 mph but after that you really can't complain. I've been having great fun on ride outs with sporty bike types...it's a very impressive machine considering it's size and weight.

I'll do doing a ~1000 mile weekend ride in 3 weeks, up into the Scottish borders, should be a good crack! Again with sporty bikes :)

I just wish there were some decent after market exhaust systems that didn't cost a bomb! Just hope after an 18 month wait (warranty) there will be more options out there for the roadster! Zard snake welded is lovely but ouch, that price!

Good evaluation. I have taken a couple of 4 hr trips and the stock seat is fine for the first hr or so. I think I will have to look into getting the seat redone. Looking at this company. http://www.astechseat.com/ Although having to send the seat away for a week or so during good riding weather sucks.

Good evaluation. I have taken a couple of 4 hr trips and the stock seat is fine for the first hr or so. I think I will have to look into getting the seat redone. Looking at this company. http://www.astechseat.com/ Although having to send the seat away for a week or so during good riding weather sucks.

A kind member from this board had sold me a rocket III Classic seat and I found it to be a huge improvement over the stock seat for 2 reasons.. the back seat is already attached so its one piece, easy to remove and install.. the second being that it dropped my seat height by at least an inch or 2, now I can get my feet on the ground at the same time! Still can't flat foot it though.

Back