motorcycle trailer

:eek:
What do you think of this little trailer from Harbourfrieght for pulling behind an R3 touring?
Will I need to change the coupler to one that swivels?
looks like it would be great for camping trips.
600 Lb. Capacity 78" Tag-Along Trailer - Trailer & Trailer Accessories - Automotive & Motorcycle

I've had that same trailer for about 3-4 months now. Still in the box un-assembled:eek:. Bought a custom one of a kind hitch from good folks in Texas and it's still in the box:eek:. My priorities are all screwed up.

I got super lucky. I decided I wanted a trailer, a week later a Cyclemate, the bigger one, I think a 2000, came up in the local classifieds, $800. Only one I've seen come up like that, a 75 year old guy still riding a Goldwing, but his wife stopped riding.

Bushtec makes one, Classic Industries is nice ( If that's the one in Australia), but shipping to US is crazy.

Bushtec- Rocket III Touring - Will fit all Years.

Deano to NM Rocket

Well to answer your question it is a long trailer set up, but the good thing is when it rains I get inside it for shelter and it can be open from the inside if you accidently close it completely. I think its about 3 ft longer in total then my Dodge Ram pickup but dont let that put you off I hardly know its on the back of the bike, ask the cop in Ozona Texas who caught me 101 in a 80 on I 10 while returning from my trip to Canada he will agree I'm sure!!!!!

I put about 3,500 miles on my PiggyBacker this summer - no problems at all with bike or trailer. Just allow a little more radius on your sharp turns. We ran lots of interstate at 70 + miles per hour. The bearings would heat up, put I had enough room to pack a small grease gun to give them a shot every 3 or 4 days. The swivlel hitch is a must.

Well to answer your question it is a long trailer set up, but the good thing is when it rains I get inside it for shelter and it can be open from the inside if you accidently close it completely. I think its about 3 ft longer in total then my Dodge Ram pickup but dont let that put you off I hardly know its on the back of the bike, ask the cop in Ozona Texas who caught me 101 in a 80 on I 10 while returning from my trip to Canada he will agree I'm sure!!!!!
Sounds like the bike handles it fine. Looks good too.

Trailer

I don't know if you still need a trailer but the Harbor Freight 40"x48" with a piece of plywood and a car top carrier will work in a pinch. Probally right at three hundred (yard sale topper). The taller tires will be safer, slower rpm. I might get mixed reviews but a lot of people cut the safety chains and wire them back together, tape the mechanics wire(for concealment), and if the trailer gets loose from the hitch it won't take you down. As far as a swivel neck, NEVER wrap your chains around the hitch or ball. They won't let you take a turn.

trailor

Hey guys, uncle jesse built our trailor, its alot cheaper an you can build it the way ya want it! We never knew it was behind us on the bike, plenty of room to take everything we need on trips an we can lock it up. Several of our friends seen it at our fall ride last year. We love it!:)

Would probably not know it is was back there.

I have two friend on wantabe bikes(80In Harleys) that done that very thing and went thousands os miles with no pr\bles so the Rocket would be find. Rexrocket 5-4-2011

Back