motorcycle trailer

Hi Guys Deano here!!!
Just wandered upon this site and i see you guys are asking questions about a hitch and trailer for a Rocket 3??
If you go to www.trailmasterinc.com and log onto cargo trailers and the Arizona trailer and finally customer testimonials you will see what trailer I chose along with the hitch which I purchased at www.hitch.com !!! I did Houston to San Diago then up to Vancouver and zig zagged all the way back down taking in 12 states in 28 days completing 12000 miles and didnt feel like I was towing anything!!!! Took it to Indianapolis and back to Houston for the Moto GP back in Aug this year and it was a real blast!!!
I have uploaded 3 closer pics of the hitch from my computer so you can get a better look just dont know where they have gone though on this site
Deano

Great write-up, Deano. The site shows a price of about $2100; is that about what you paid? Cost of the hitch and who installed it?

Thanks!

Deano43

Well Dan I think I paid around 1800 for it but that was several years ago now and it was in a sale they were running, but 2100 at todays price is about right !!!! I did pay another few bucks later on to get the swivel coupling that goes from the trailer to the ball on the hitch but cant really feel any difference in handling to tell you the truth but it makes sense to go with the swivel so people tell me!! I also paid to get the trailer sprayed in the exact same color as my bike which is a Triumph Candy Apple Red and is a Standox 4 part paint where they have to apply the base undercoat then the color then the clear coat. you can get the color code for what your bike is from the Triumph website.
Also remember the cool box and mounting brackets as well as the cool box cover are extras as well!!!
The Hitch as i have said came from www.hitchdoc.com and when I purchased it I get is sent straight to my local Triumph dealer as the bike was there getting a new rear tyre, but it can be fitted very easily as I have removed to for detailing when i had my bags off the bike last year and was easy to reinstall!!! Hope this helps??

hitches

The HitchDoc site shows only a hitch available for a regular Rocket (part #15990) and not one for the R3T.
Thanks J.Duke but Classic Industries is in Australia, shiipping to Canada or U.S would be too high.

I will contact Hitch Doc when I am ready to buy, they may have some fabricated for the R3T by then.

There must be another U.S or Canadian manufacturer that has the hitch for an R3?

Hi Guys Deano here!!!
Just wandered upon this site and i see you guys are asking questions about a hitch and trailer for a Rocket 3??
If you go to www.trailmasterinc.com and log onto cargo trailers and the Arizona trailer and finally customer testimonials you will see what trailer I chose along with the hitch which I purchased at www.hitch.com !!! I did Houston to San Diago then up to Vancouver and zig zagged all the way back down taking in 12 states in 28 days completing 12000 miles and didnt feel like I was towing anything!!!! Took it to Indianapolis and back to Houston for the Moto GP back in Aug this year and it was a real blast!!!
I have uploaded 3 closer pics of the hitch from my computer so you can get a better look just dont know where they have gone though on this site
Deano
Nice hitch, bet it cut down on your wheelies though. Bummer. lol

The HitchDoc site shows only a hitch available for a regular Rocket (part #15990) and not one for the R3T.
Thanks J.Duke but Classic Industries is in Australia, shiipping to Canada or U.S would be too high.

I will contact Hitch Doc when I am ready to buy, they may have some fabricated for the R3T by then.

There must be another U.S or Canadian manufacturer that has the hitch for an R3?

I had called a couple of places before I ordered mine that said they had no intention of making one for the R3T. I can't remember if Hitch Doc was one of those. The hitch I got was excellent quality, had good instructions and I installed it w/ no problem.

How about the UniGo Trailer?

Kind of expensive but if you look at the video's on the web site, the trailer doesn't seem to be influencing the bike as much. Might have to look inot this one, want to take Old Route 66 next year, head out to California.

Uni-go Trailers Texas Plus

oldsprint03

Back