For those of us that let off the throttle this mod works! Claviger did that mod to mine and it fixed my chronic and recurring surging idle problem too. Bike runs better that ever. Where did you set your idle at once bike was hot?

What did you do with the Check Engine Light? Did you have to remove and adjust the secondary tps to get to the idle screw? Did you have to reset the primary tps after the stepper motor disconnect mod?
If rob did your mod I’m sure it’s right, I’m not familiar with it, the one I came across. Pretty sure it is old, it said to disconnect the stepper motor linkage linkage, the plug doesn’t get messed with, the stepper motor still thinks it’s doing it’s thing it moves like always just no linkage and no code, 2nd plates are trashed gone no secondary to adjust so that leaves only the tps and it stays right at .62 or in tolerance, you no longer set the stepper to .72 no need it ain’t connected and you can’t. Idle sometimes does have to be helped if chilly but when warm it’s steady at 950rpm, the rpm when warm I set with the throttle cable at handle, hope this answered your questions Ricardo good night amigo

If rob did your mod I’m sure it’s right, I’m not familiar with it, the one I came across. Pretty sure it is old, it said to disconnect the stepper motor linkage linkage, the plug doesn’t get messed with, the stepper motor still thinks it’s doing it’s thing it moves like always just no linkage and no code, 2nd plates are trashed gone no secondary to adjust so that leaves only the tps and it stays right at .62 or in tolerance, you no longer set the stepper to .72 no need it ain’t connected and you can’t. Idle sometimes does have to be helped if chilly but when warm it’s steady at 950rpm, the rpm when warm I set with the throttle cable at handle, hope this answered your questions Ricardo good night amigo

That's what he did. Is your check engine light on?

Stepper motor linkage is the lever and the control arm there’s a spring and the adjustment but , you simply remove it in this mod, that’s all, you leave the stepper motor in place hooked up as always, you don’t unplug it, you do not get an engine light or code.
What do you mean by "the linakge"? Take the motor off?
Sorry rick I re read and don’t see anything I said about taking motor off as you asked the question here

Attachments

• AFAFB599-5E24-47EC-8CB0-1CFD0C141CAB.png
    AFAFB599-5E24-47EC-8CB0-1CFD0C141CAB.png
    198.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 5702044D-4F24-4969-BD2F-B53D7ED6AE80.png
    5702044D-4F24-4969-BD2F-B53D7ED6AE80.png
    197.2 KB · Views: 11
Stepper motor linkage is the lever and the control arm there’s a spring and the adjustment but , you simply remove it in this mod, that’s all, you leave the stepper motor in place hooked up as always, you don’t unplug it, you do not get an engine light or code.

Sorry rick I re read and don’t see anything I said about taking motor off as you asked the question here

It looks like you don't have to remove the throttle bodies for that. Just loosen the stepper motor nuts and take them off along with the control arm?

Rick where is the mod rob did, did he remove stepper motor and harness and fix the light issue?

Idle Stepper Motor is still in place. Just disconnected it and adjusted the main idle screw. The harness idle stepper connector is covered and ZipTied down. Im not going back to the original idle stepper motor set up. It is an unnecessary hassle for the bike to have to deal with and cause idle control issues which so many people have. The secondary butterflies are unnecessary too. Now- when you open the throttle, what causes the motor to rev up? How does injectors know how much fuel to deliver? Is there a deep set of butterflies that controls air flow intake to the cylinders?

Disconnect the linkage then plug the stepper back in. The ECU will see it is there and turn the light off. But it will not function because the linkage is disconnected/gone.

TBs have 2 sets of butterflies, one set at top that @Claviger removed and the primaries at the bottom that control air/gas

Back