actuator motor stuck

Cushman

.040 Over
Ride
2005 triumph rocket 111 2006 Harley VRod
Good evening every one, I need some help please, I have a 2005 rocket111 15,000 miles a po638 code came up in checking the system notice the 2nd throttle shaft would not turn open or closed, the shaft is not stuck seems like the actuator motor is stuck, I can wiggle the shaft and see it would turn if the actuator would let it. I guess i am going to need a new actuator if i can find one. any help and idears would be appreciated. Thank You. Cushman

i have a set of throttle bodys that is off the bike (no power hooked up) and they move freely.
b4 i would condemm the actuator i would pull the 2nd throttle position sensor and the check it again.
i am going to guess that to set that code it would have to have an electric problem or 2nd tps be busted up or motor stuck
triumph does not sell that actuator except with the whole throttle bodies.
maybe aftermarket.
hth

Do they do anything when you turn the key on? I've taken the butterfly's out on mine, and it runs like a scalded dog! "IF" you do that, try real hard NOT to drop the little screws down the hole.:cool:

i have a set of throttle bodys that is off the bike (no power hooked up) and they move freely.
b4 i would condemm the actuator i would pull the 2nd throttle position sensor and the check it again.
i am going to guess that to set that code it would have to have an electric problem or 2nd tps be busted up or motor stuck
triumph does not sell that actuator except with the whole throttle bodies.
maybe aftermarket.
hth

i do not recomend but some have removed the 2nd butterflys but i do not know if you would have problems with that code sitting or problems with the 2tps not moving.
it might be interesting to disconect both sensors and clear codes and see what happens.

Thank you for the advice , I will pull the tps off hope it is that, I have a new one coming I hope, I appreciate you checking to see if they are free to move, I did not know that. Thanks again. Cushman

i do not recomend but some have removed the 2nd butterflys but i do not know if you would have problems with that code sitting or problems with the 2tps not moving.
it might be interesting to disconect both sensors and clear codes and see what happens.

Thank you for chiming in, I ordered a new sensor and am waiting for it, when i push on the butterflys they will not move i can see that the shaft is loose but it is like it is stuck in the same place, moves just a little both ways. but thank you for your expert advice I appreciate it very much. cushman

Back