Votes: 1 3.4%

Votes: 3 10.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 3.4%

Votes: 4 13.8%

Votes: 12 41.4%

Votes: 7 24.1%

• Total voters
30000 + miles and my mistress has been faithful.
Hope I haven't spoke too soon.
May need to go cuddle with her right now. Tell her what she wants to hear. Buy her some ethanol free fuel. :inlove
She's a 10.:cool:

65000 miles never left stranded, regular service, good cleaning, gas it up and away it goes, cannot say the same for other brands I have owned including Honda, bikes are made to be used letting your bike lie around for months with out even touching it of course you will get problems.
How would I rate it 10
Never seen you clean your bike Dave:D

I'm gonna give mine a 4. Granted I bought it used but it only had 16,000 miles on it. It had already had the update kit installed, not sure if it was for 2nd gear or output shaft bearings. It had a warped rear rotor when I got it but that could have been the previous owner. It had the paint can rattle early on but not since I installed the cam chain adjuster spacer. It's had the high idle problem off and on since I got it. Have tried two different TPS's. I'm working with Hanso on an updated base tune that may finally solve that problem. Noticed rear rear wheel bearing were failing at last tire change and replaced them. At 50,000 miles the output shaft bearings failed catastrophically in Colorado and tried to lock the rear wheel at about 70 mph in a curve :eek:. Water pump leaked and had to be replaced. Rear splines are shot even though they have been slathered in moly grease at every tire change since I've had it. Not the most reliable bike on the planet. I'm fortunate that I can do my own repairs or I couldn't afford to own this bike. HOWEVER, I love this thing like no bike I've ever owned before and will continue to wrench on it if that's what it takes to keep it under me. It's like a high maintenance girlfriend who's a really great f_ck :D
Rocket Scientist
You don't give a fellow 2005 owner much confidence in the dependability of another 2005. I bought mine with 7200 miles on it and it was in and out of the shop for a year and a half for the high idle issue. I have no clue on the update kit although I do know where the former owner works and could call him but just don't feel like I need to bother him. So far bike hasn't left me walking and never locked up in any corners but it shifts great and is running like it should now thanks to some help from Scott. Guess I will give mine about an 8........ Al

5 and a bit years of riding every day and only once have I needed to call for assistance when a wire to the ignition burnt out. Was an easy fix though and I was mobile again in about 20 mins. Have had some running issues of late but it still always starts every time and the worst I can say is that sometimes it runs just OK. The rest of the time it's brilliant. Totally reliable and dependable. It has gone through 1 throttle cable, 1clutch cable and a cam cover gasket in 70,000 km. even when the throttle cable broke I was able to get home on idle.

Maybe I'm just dead lucky or perhaps a function of how I care for them as well as where I live, but apart from a dud battery I endured for too long in an old Valiant when I was 18 or so I've never had a vehicle of any description let me down much at all. Even my first car (a Mini) was no trouble as long as I had a regular supply of oil and avoided puddles.

I gave it a 7, due to the tranny ****ting the bed, up til that point I would have said 9 or 10. If it was an unusual problem I'd have gone a bit higher, but it's not.

Well, I barely have mine broken in at only 2000 miles and so far I've had to have the GPS replaced. Today I just finished installing the Eastern Beaver headlight relay which makes sense from an electrical standpoint. I'm a big one to plan ahead for the common things that might go wrong, so I'm working on a game plan to insure my future riding enjoyment and reliability. I haven't been stranded on a bike since my Ariel 500 dropped a valve out in the middle of nowhere!

With all that said (and I'll probably catch hell from several for this comment), but I'm beginning to think a lot of the problems posted here on the forum are self inflicted. Poor electrical system maintenance for one, over modifying and ECU tunes being at the top of the list. The earlier bikes from all appearances had some flaws, but there is a limited to performance and stress that can be put on the engine and drive train. Yup...it's big and bad, but there is a breaking point in spite of the bikes size and potential. I'm still going to be optimistic and give my stock...(except for the GIPro upgrade)... R3T a 10.

Well, I barely have mine broken in at only 2000 miles and so far I've had to have the GPS replaced. Today I just finished installing the Eastern Beaver headlight relay which makes sense from an electrical standpoint. I'm a big one to plan ahead for the common things that might go wrong, so I'm working on a game plan to insure my future riding enjoyment and reliability. I haven't been stranded on a bike since my Ariel 500 dropped a valve out in the middle of nowhere!

With all that said (and I'll probably catch hell from several for this comment), but I'm beginning to think a lot of the problems posted here on the forum are self inflicted. Poor electrical system maintenance for one, over modifying and ECU tunes being at the top of the list. The earlier bikes from all appearances had some flaws, but there is a limited to performance and stress that can be put on the engine and drive train. Yup...it's big and bad, but there is a breaking point in spite of the bikes size and potential. I'm still going to be optimistic and give my stock...(except for the GIPro upgrade)... R3T a 10.

Mine leads a charmed life as far as maintenance goes.

Back