Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 3.4%

Votes: 4 13.8%

Votes: 12 41.4%

Votes: 7 24.1%

• Total voters

pete.triumph

Supercharged
I was reading up on stats on brand basted reliability there was five brands that had sufficient numbers of owners that rated there bikes most reliable to least reliable the first three are very close
1st Yamaha
2nd Honda
3rd Kawasaki
4th Harly-Davidson (not it's not a typo )
5th BMW

Now how would you rate your bike 10 is most reliable 1 is least reliable

Ill rate mine for reliability I hate to admit it but at this stage 4

Let's see, it's an 07; never once left me stranded, only once not been ready to go (ignition module). I'm getting ready to install the update kit because of 2d gear, but I'd say a 5.5 y/o bike that's never let me down and had only the basics of routine maintenance (oil, tires, battery, etc), puts mine on a pretty high level!

O7 Classic 26000 miles been out every weekend even this year in the cold with snow on the hills, always starts first time, only thing I have had is a flat tyre got to be a 10

My Touring has only been on the road for a couple of years, but during those years I've had zero incidents.

Edit: went with a 9 since I did have a small oil dribble when it was really new (which was solved by wiggling the oil tank around to seat it more tightly). I figure a 10 would be if it had been completely hands-off...

Last edited:
Afraid to say my Rockets given me more problems than any other new purchased bike I've ever owned. Had both BMW's and Harleys .. all the other Triumphs I've owned were second hand older models.
In all honesty I can only give my RIII a 6 for reliability :(

I've had a few niggles with my 2013 roadster that has meant several dealer visits but it's never actually let me down so an 8 from me.

We've owned two Rockets and rate both 9. Both bought used w/low miles. The '08 Standard went a bit over 17K over 2 years before we crashed and needed only a battery and a bulb in one headlight over that time.

The '11 Roadster has 22K so far (three years of ownership) and other than a spongy rear brake (which we don't use much anyway) and a battery replace, no issues. Could be better but not by much.

We trudge on.

I'm gonna give mine a 4. Granted I bought it used but it only had 16,000 miles on it. It had already had the update kit installed, not sure if it was for 2nd gear or output shaft bearings. It had a warped rear rotor when I got it but that could have been the previous owner. It had the paint can rattle early on but not since I installed the cam chain adjuster spacer. It's had the high idle problem off and on since I got it. Have tried two different TPS's. I'm working with Hanso on an updated base tune that may finally solve that problem. Noticed rear rear wheel bearing were failing at last tire change and replaced them. At 50,000 miles the output shaft bearings failed catastrophically in Colorado and tried to lock the rear wheel at about 70 mph in a curve :eek:. Water pump leaked and had to be replaced. Rear splines are shot even though they have been slathered in moly grease at every tire change since I've had it. Not the most reliable bike on the planet. I'm fortunate that I can do my own repairs or I couldn't afford to own this bike. HOWEVER, I love this thing like no bike I've ever owned before and will continue to wrench on it if that's what it takes to keep it under me. It's like a high maintenance girlfriend who's a really great f_ck :D

65000 miles never left stranded, regular service, good cleaning, gas it up and away it goes, cannot say the same for other brands I have owned including Honda, bikes are made to be used letting your bike lie around for months with out even touching it of course you will get problems.
How would I rate it 10

Back