Son_Of_Dog

Unfailing Millennial
Ride
08 Rocket III Touring
Laid the skunk down last Friday, was lucky enough to get away with just cosmetic damage. The list of stuff I'm currently looking for leads on is as follows:

(08 R3T)
  • Mirrors
  • Front dresser bars
  • Rear dresser bars
  • Front fender embellisher
  • Front signal light lenses
  • Panniers or repairs to fiberglass panniers
All leads and help is appreciated!

Laid the skunk down last Friday, was lucky enough to get away with just cosmetic damage. The list of stuff I'm currently looking for leads on is as follows:

(08 R3T)
  • Mirrors
  • Front dresser bars
  • Rear dresser bars
  • Front fender embellisher
  • Front signal light lenses
  • Panniers or repairs to fiberglass panniers
All leads and help is appreciated!
GOT A SET OF ROUND MIRROR 4 sale $40

No worries, I have just sourced similar bits for a R3T rebuild and have a few new and used spares. Just logging in at a public library on my way back from RDU last weekend - I will be back home Friday Night and it is Weds morning now. I will check and discuss further when I get home.

Option #1

These 'CraftRider' branded from Motea UK are the same as the Fehling ones from Germany.

Engine Guard MB Triumph Rocket III Roadster 10-18 Craftride stainless steel | eBay

Option #2

The US seller makes good front bars that look identical to stock and have STRONG much thicker mounting tabs despite the same design as crappy stock Mark1 'bendy' version.

Make an offer but listed price and dirt cheap postage in the USA is a winner.
Front Engine GUARD HIGHWAY CRASH Dresser Bar Triumph Rocket III Roadster Touring | eBay

(08 R3T)
  • Mirrors I have heaps still Au$140 + postage is Au$65 to USA = $205 (US$138)
For Sale - Black & Chrome, Oval and Teardrop Triumph mirrors
  • Front dresser bars - as above they are the same as Roadster and Classic/Standard fronts
  • Rear dresser bars - Touring version only I got from World Of Triumph new for my R3T rebuild
PartsT2352075 - DRESSER BAR, PANNIER, RH £48.58
PartsT2352070 - DRESSER BAR, PANNIER, LH £48.58
£97.17 + £83 postage but buy whatever else you need in one order or group buy and they still only charge a flat £83 for international orders over £50 ;):D

• Front fender embellisher - You will find very difficult to get anywhere
  • Front signal light lenses - cheap as chips and available from dealers
  • Panniers or repairs to fiberglass panniers - yep super hard to get at a reasonable price. I got a used slightly scuffed one on eBay from USA for US$275 was a lot more with postage to Oz. The seller runs a wreckers and contacted me for an outside eBay sale which saved me extortionate eBay postage and 10% GST ;):cool:

@Ishrub thanks for all the research you've put into this. I've been away from the forums for a little bit as I've been on the road, but I'll look over this and let you know. I've already sunk one paycheck in the bike getting it mostly straightened back up, so I may have to wait a little bit for any big purchases. Is there a timer on any of this stuff?

Its eBay mate, so stuff comes and goes, grab those panniers quick from @Chip as they are very difficult to find even with dings, regardless of color.

Back