Stanley R Gray

.020 Over
Ride
09 Rocket III Touring
I have recently bought an 09 Rocket 3. I love the bike except for 1 small detail. I dislike the offset mirrors. I have no idea why any bike designer would think it is a good idea to place the mirrors in such a goofy way. The placement does not interfere with visibility, but I guess it's just an OCD thing. I like bike parts to be symmetrical. I am wondering if anyone knows of any kind of relocation kit or tricks to remedy the problem. Any advice would be appreciated. And BTW; I like the looks of the roadsters, but the 2 pipes on one side and 1 on the other would drive me nuts.

I'm not sure what you mean by mirror relocation or what you fine objectionable. To where do you want them relocated? On my 07 Classic I purchased the Joker Machine 10mm bushings in order to avail myself of a range of after market mirrors. A friend gave me a set of Harley flamed oval mirrors that I installed. Is this what you are looking to do?

I'm not sure what you mean by mirror relocation or what you fine objectionable. To where do you want them relocated? On my 07 Classic I purchased the Joker Machine 10mm bushings in order to avail myself of a range of after market mirrors. A friend gave me a set of Harley flamed oval mirrors that I installed. Is this what you are looking to do?
The mirror on one side is located further forward and further out than the other one. I dont care which, but I would like for them to be in the same relative spot on each side. I can't believe I am the only one who is bothered by the design.

WOW!
I just had to go out to the shop and check. :eek: :D
Have had my R3R for 5.5 years and 55K miles & I've even installed Rivco mirrors.
I have never noticed, but there is indeed about a 1.5 inch difference in left & right mirror locations. They are affixed to the bar controls & the front brake rezzy is likely the culprit? :confused:
A micrometer eye you be there, NEWBY! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
WOW!
Have had my R3R for 5.5 years and 55K miles & I've even installed Rivco mirrors.
I have never noticed, but there is indeed about a 1.5 inch difference in left & right mirror locations. They are affixed to the bar controls & the front brake rezzy is likely the culprit? :confused:
It's the curse I live with. Lol. I hope I didn't cause a problem for you by pointing out the (flaw). I searched for a fix in the forums and couldn't believe others were not talking about it.

WOW!

If your roadster is the same as mine it will have 1/2” difference between each foot peg height to road surface. I got suspicious when I was trying set the bike up as vertical by equalising the dimension.

Back