Mid Controls Installed

Mr Mike

.020 Over
Ride
2020 Rocket GT
Took 8 weeks but got my kit to convert my GT to Mid controls
All went well. Only goof was forgetting to put plastic plugs on shifter side.
No biggy. Not taking brackets off again.
Brake bleed went similar to normal but required much more time/effort than usual

I did determine that the front brackets could not be kept for highway pegs.
Both shifter and brake pedals hit brackets

Last edited:
I'm working on highway brackets now. I had to wait for my controls too. Stay tuned.
IMG_4166.JPG

What's the riding verdict after going back to mid controls? My mid pedal kit came as well. As a taller rider, I'm hesitating on making the switch. I guess we'll all be on the lookout for clean highway peg solutions.

What's the riding verdict after going back to mid controls? My mid pedal kit came as well. As a taller rider, I'm hesitating on making the switch. I guess we'll all be on the lookout for clean highway peg solutions.
6’1” knees fit against tank comfortable. Can relax my legs, straight down from knees as opposed to holding them up on forward pegs . Allows me to support my back without pulling on the bars
Did mount controls in lower holes On engine brackets

On our highway brackets we're going to add another 1" of forward adjustability and raise the pegs about 1.5". We're also making some peg adapters that will allow for a little bit wider peg. These pegs are way too small for me. The adpaters will be adjusted so you won't lose and lean angle. I'm getting pretty excited about getting these done.

Took a parts run today with the mid controls and I think I'm going to like it. I did notice heat on the right side that was there are the forward controls. It was a little cold today so it was kind of nice but I can see it's going to be a little warm sitting still in the summer.

Last edited:
Took a parts run today with the mid controls and I think I'm going to like it. I did notice heat on the left side that was there are the forward controls. It was a little cold today so it was kind of nice but I can see it's going to be a little warm sitting still in the summer.
Was 92 today. I didn’t notice heat. Are you wearing pants ?
I also wear tall boots

Yes, wearing pants and the heat is on the leg. No big deal, I'm use to having 520hp v8 between my legs. This was just an observation.

37737617_1878680995508496_5471586201058148352_o.jpg
Nice! I rode a demo In Daytona a few years ago. Boss Hoss.
I figured you were wearing pants. Just the educated Donkey coming out

Back