toshvmax

.020 Over
I have recently purchased a 2020 GT, not being a fan of forward controls I fitted some mid controls.
So the question I want to ask is, and I know it probably sounds stupid but does anyone else feel that the mid controls make your legs be in contact with the air intake on the left and the exhaust header on the right, my legs are in contact with these all the time unless I ride with my feet on the ends of the pegs which isn't the most comfortable and having owned a R3 Roadster before where there seemed to be more leg room it feels a bit odd.......

I found it easier to avoid the hotspots with mid controls and I've got some thicc calves. With forwards, my right leg got warmer. With mid controls my left gets a bit warmer but it's a better balance. Then the riding position of the mid controls is just way way way more comfortable for longer rides for me, so it's a no-brainer.

I found it easier to avoid the hotspots with mid controls and I've got some thicc calves. With forwards, my right leg got warmer. With mid controls my left gets a bit warmer but it's a better balance. Then the riding position of the mid controls is just way way way more comfortable for longer rides for me, so it's a no-brainer.
I think I have the same issue with thick calves! and like you I do prefer the mid control position for comfort, never been a fan of forward controls. Cheers for the response mate ;)

I have mid controls and the heat is much less than on my 05 and 14 Rockets. I really only feel the heat when the temp is 90 and up and even then it isn't bad enough for me to reposition my right leg. At red lights in high temps is when I feel heat but once again it's not horrible.

I have mid controls and the heat is much less than on my 05 and 14 Rockets. I really only feel the heat when the temp is 90 and up and even then it isn't bad enough for me to reposition my right leg. At red lights in high temps is when I feel heat but once again it's not horrible.
you are right, many times on my Roadster it felt like my le was on fire!

Back