Metzler Tire Prices!!!!

I wouldn't put Metzlers on my bike again if they were free :mad:

I feel the same about Avon. I hated that tire on my bike. Didn't even wear it out good and put a Metz back on.... problems solved. The last Metz I had on the front got over 7000 miles (really don't know if that's good or bad mileage) and with out cupping! That's right no cupping!

I wished we had more choices in tires for our bikes. I'm just not a Dunlop guy either.:D

Here is what I run. Typically get about 9,000 miles out of them. I could burn a Metz just cranking the throttle at low speeds. Not the Bridgestone. Both do well in the wet. No cupping on the front either. Your results may vary ;)

Bridgestone Excedra Max rear. 240/55/R16 M/C 86V

Bridgestone Excedra front. 150/80 R17 M/C (G701) 72 H

Here is what I run. Typically get about 9,000 miles out of them. I could burn a Metz just cranking the throttle at low speeds. Not the Bridgestone. Both do well in the wet. No cupping on the front either. Your results may vary ;)

Bridgestone Excedra Max rear. 240/55/R16 M/C 86V

Bridgestone Excedra front. 150/80 R17 M/C (G701) 72 H

I was talking about the front tire only. I will never have another Metz rear tire. I run the Excedra Max on the rear with the Metz front tire. I see you run a "H" rated front tire. I've always wondered why the Roadsters come with "V" rated tires. I have always used "V" rated since the bike came with them. They are more expensive that's for sure. Our bikes will go over the "H" rated speed of 130 mph but seldom do I go that fast and stay at that speed for a long period of time even when I do. I guess it's for safety reasons.
Been kind of kicking the idea of going with a smaller front tire like Claivger has done. He swears it handles like a totally different bike. Might have a better choice in brands as well and tire performance. I just don't like the small looking tire up front. However the tire Claivger is running it's not that noticeable.

He can cause great pain and loss of extremities if applied too liberally between the tire and rim too.:D

Pig9r:

I believe I'm going to try the Eagle, but first I'll have our shop radius the edges. I'll keep a Metz 880 on the front.
HI Eagle
i put a car tyre on my rocket before it went to the 'man' for rolling road tuning etc i road tested the bike b4 bringing it home , just to report good or bad to the 'man' !!
road conditions were good & traffic light.
i nearly papped myself !!!!!!! the tyre let go more times than i care to mention in my opinion CAR TYRES ARE FOR CARS !!
i changed it back as soon as i got home ( cos i can ) mounted a new avon on & wow pulls like a train & wont let go unless you really want it to !!!
again as has been said personnal opinion but on the road you need to get your footrests down only when you want !!
great bike good handling for such a heavy machine
rubber side down !!!

Flip, a 225/50ZR16 is close to the size of the stock Metz. I would go for a Goodyear Eagle. Those that run car tires on bikes say that it takes more countersteering and you have to be very diligent on banked roads.

CT2.jpg 3828.jpeg
The counter steering is no big deal.
The banked road issue might be if your legs are not ready.
Otherwise, for me, it is OK. I'm about to take the drive off to lube the splines and the tire looks new after 5K miles.
Perhaps I've rounded it up a little.

UPS just left these at my door. Motorcycle Superstore has been taken over by J&P Cycles. These are the prices, including shipping, which I believe was free. I've also used/run Bridgstones, but thought I'd try the Avons. Lot's of different opinions here. I also ran/run a car tire on the rear, and it can be a learning experience in handling. Also, I did mount one rear tire myself, by hand, and I'll NEVER try it again! Also I use Ride-On sealant/balancer in my tires.

From J&P Cycles

10-208
Avon AV72 Cobra 240/50R16 Rear Tire
$268.99
Shipped

561-675
Avon AV71 Cobra 150/80R17 Front Tire
$193.99
Shipped

Back