Metzler Tire Prices!!!!

I have been fairly loyal to them for dirt bike stuff for years. They do a great job.

I've had bad experiences with Metz 880s. The 888 are supposed to be the replacement for the 880 over time. I emailed Metz awhile back about making tires sizes to fit the Roadster (240 rear tire) in the new 888 and was told it will be a good while before that will happen. They have to phase them out slowly and they are going to make 888 in the most common sizes first. They also told me they was getting bad responses on the 880 so they needed to create a new better tire in which that's why the 888 came about. I recently installed a Avon Cobra on my Roadster and could tell it's a better tire. A new Metz never felt as good like this Avon.

Metzeler has a $50 rebate on ME888 and ME880's til July 31st...
Looks like you have to buy the pair. Which is tough. None of the retailers I have seen online carry the rear

Been using Rocky Mountain ATV for 11 years and 30 tires.
Like Jake Wilson, the best price and service IMHO!
ExcedraMax rear = $174
Avon Cobra front = $160

Hey, how do you like that combo?

Baby's got a new pair of shoes.

Next time around, you might give the B'stone Exedra Max 240 a try, Turbo. About $100 less. Wears a good while longer and improves handling significantly. Most who have gone that way really like the tire. I've experimented with a Michelin Commander II 140 tire up front and currently run a 130 Exedra Max and both tires dramatically improved the beasts handling characteristics and they make the bike feel about 150-200 lbs lighter, respectively. It's like having a new and vastly improved R3!!!

Hey, which commander did you use? The 140/75r, or the 140/80b?

I suspect the 75, but, am not sure if that will mess up the ABS.

Hey, how do you like that combo?

I likey mucho my current tire combo! The Stone Excedra Max is a great tire for this motor. My front is a Avon Cobra 140/75R17. I ran a Michelin Commander II 140/75R17 that worked fine but was worn out and shot after only 4,000 miles!?! I also ran a 130 up front and I seriously DO NOT recommend doing this as it disabled my ABS, reduced my lean angle clearance and contributed to a crash that resulted in 13 screws and 2 plates in my left leg.

Back