Maxton Ride-Along

That was great. The rundown area was longer than I expected but I'm sure that it seems awfully short when you're in the saddle.:eek:

Don't forget... the cars must have chutes over 175. In fact, 2 chutes over 200 MPH!

I've landed on a few of those old WWII runways before and Maxton's looks a little worse for wear. I can't imagine what it's like going through the traps at those speeds. How do you even see the end markers as they flash past?

I've landed on a few of those old WWII runways before and Maxton's looks a little worse for wear. I can't imagine what it's like going through the traps at those speeds. How do you even see the end markers as they flash past?

It's rough as a cob. I was coached that you don't feel it after your rookie run (125) and they were right. You're way too busy looking for the big red placards at the end of the trap (finish line). You look for the those "end markers" when you come out of the first dogleg, assume full tuck, and head between them. From there on you adjust your speed to what you have to run. If you look at the end markers as you go by, you will probably be scraped off the track. You need to be looking ahead at the next dogleg, and planning your braking.

walt--watched that video a bunch of times.
what are all those big piles on left side? looks like "clear cut" timber stump/etc. piles --getting land ready to plant ????
old track looks rough but at those speeds that's way down your "concerns" list huh !!
keep up tha good work !!!

walt--watched that video a bunch of times.
what are all those big piles on left side? looks like "clear cut" timber stump/etc. piles --getting land ready to plant ????
old track looks rough but at those speeds that's way down your "concerns" list huh !!
keep up tha good work !!!

John

There were trees along the left side of the track where the piles are. Last year a 200+ rider "forgot" to come out of tuck, and missed the dogleg into shutdown. He died when he hit the trees. Consequently, they were clear cut to try to save lives.

You should come out and join us at Maxton... run anything you like. You'd fit right in ECTA! :cool:

walt--they better get a big clam shell track hoe :rolleyes::rolleyes: or something in there and remove "piles" too!!
when do you go for big 200 license ??
looks like you nailed the 175 run!!
did the other riders give you a "big hhhhmmmmm???" ,when you got back to paddock???
bike looked real nice / professional the way you prepared it too!!
keep rolling out the good runs!!

Back