Maggie valley June 2019

Just started checking out airline tickets. What is the best airport to fly into in NC? I'm thinking Charlotte is the closest but is that a major hub or would another be better? Or perhaps Knoxville TN?

Now that I get to ride a Norton Commando.............
Knoxville

We’ll be there later Wednesday afternoon.

Knoxville
Asked my friends who live outside of Ashville where the fly into and the told me Ashville. My friend Bud said he and his lady visit Maggie Valley and ride an old train. I'll check out air fare cost and & distances to Charlotte and Knoxville. I'm certain Ashville will add on another couple hundred for the connecting flight that will be better spent on beer or fine bourbon.

Last edited:
Fred you pipe whore, I talked with my pal yesterday he said the pipes were okay??? what ever the eff that means but good chance i will see them this week and take a few pictures for you.

Hey Dave, see if he knows what model they came off. Mine is a Valk Interstate not sure if pipes are different. If I know what pipes he has, I can see if they cross reference. Thanks mon !

Asked my friends who live outside of Ashville where the fly into and the told me Ashville. My friend Bud said he and his lady visit Maggie Valley and ride an old train. I'll check out air fare cost and & distances to Charlotte and Knoxville. I'm certain Ashville will add on another couple hundred for the connecting flight tgat will be better spent on beer or fine bourbon.
It will be nice to meet you no matter where you fly to. The man who almost sold me two jackets.:roll::roll::roll:

I ain’t gonna let that go right away.:laugh::laugh: We’re good see you soon.

It will be nice to meet you no matter where you fly to. The man who almost sold me two jackets.:roll::roll::roll:

I ain’t gonna let that go right away.:laugh::laugh: We’re good see you soon.
But I saved you $250. They really are beautiful jackets...

And yes, Knoxville is about 50 mile closer than Charlotte, the latter of which is a major hub. Distance isn't significant but can probably fly to Charlotte for a few bucks less. I'll figure it out.

I guess we're too big of trouble makers Sonny. They didn't invite me either :(:(:(:(:(:(
What???? you are welcome to ride with us, the more the merrier:D:D
In fact, one more bike just joined us my friend Bud and his better half Nicole will be going as well, now the Oklahoma chapter has 4 bikes from Tulsa, 1 from Henrieta and whoever wants to join it will be very welcomed, lets start a caravan:):)

What???? you are welcome to ride with us, the more the merrier:D:D
In fact, one more bike just joined us my friend Bud and his better half Nicole will be going as well, now the Oklahoma chapter has 4 bikes from Tulsa, 1 from Henrieta and whoever wants to join it will be very welcomed, lets start a caravan:):)
Sounds like we've got a convoy . . .10/4 rubber ducky.

1. Rainman
  2. Stb
  3. Joseywales
  4. mully95
  5. Easttexr111+1
  6. Sonny
  7. Steel (= 3 mouths) - 2 bikes - 2 peeps
  8. Scot in exile
  9. warp9.9
  10. mexican +?
  11. 1K9
  12. Tripps,, Dave, and Dan