Phil Barnett

.020 Over
Ride
2008 Triumph Rocket III Touring
So I got my electrical problem resolved and took her out for a nice Southern California ride today.
I just absolutely love this machine. Coming off a vtwin, the power, the comfort, the power range is just a delight to ride. I also have to say it is a pleasure to ride something that has it's own unique style. To me its a shame so many people have to ride a certain brand or style and never give something else a chance.
All I can say is, I am glad I gave this bike a chance and I am loving it!!

thebeast2.jpg

Nice comments!
Just curious, have you ridden a Roadster?

For comfort, yours rules!
A little better performance and handling with the Roadster, IMHO.
Yours is a beauty and a fine motor.
I wanted a Roadster but the dealer had this one for sale. It was a look back bike..... I walked away after checking it out and as I walked away I looked back and knew I had to have it. For me its nice riding and owning something that isn't a Harley or Japanese iron like 99 percent of the bikes around here seem to be!!!

Last edited:
I wanted a Roadster but the dealer had this one for sale. It was a look back bike..... I walked away after checking it out and as I walked away I looked back and knew I had to have it. For me its nice riding and owning something that isn't a Harley or *** iron like 99 percent of the bikes around here seem to be!!!

You should hook up with @RKTNMYPKT.
He's in Antioch and has owned both models.

I took off for a quick 50mi on my K1200 yesterday and ran into a wet weather system just getting into Phelan heading west.
I don't know the subtleties of the "Touring" or the Classic; but the motor is their universal appeal. First time you go 'UP' the Cajon Pass over 80MPH you'll be forever and hopelessly jaded.

I took off for a quick 50mi on my K1200 yesterday and ran into a wet weather system just getting into Phelan heading west.
I don't know the subtleties of the "Touring" or the Classic; but the motor is their universal appeal. First time you go 'UP' the Cajon Pass over 80MPH you'll be forever and hopelessly jaded.
Yeah I'm really looking forward to taking this beast to the Laughlin River Run next year. Already booked my room!!!

thebeast2.jpg So I got my electrical problem resolved and took her out for a nice Southern California ride today.
I just absolutely love this machine. Coming off a vtwin, the power, the comfort, the power range is just a delight to ride. I also have to say it is a pleasure to ride something that has it's own unique style. To me its a shame so many people have to ride a certain brand or style and never give something else a chance.
All I can say is, I am glad I gave this bike a chance and I am loving it!!

The guys who won't even look at anything that doesn't say HD on the tank have no clue what they're missing out on...

Back