He doesn't want you to run the bike lean. The flat spot could mean that it might not have enough fuel. When this happens, the pistons are getting hotter, as the fuel acts as a coolant. Not enough fuel and the pistons will melt. A good tune or someone that can do it for you is essential. PS, buy @warp9.9 a plane ticket, and some cheap beer. Works for us.

The problem I'm having is the fact I know absolutely nothing about exhausts, maps etc. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

But..........You will. Stay tuned (HeHe), for a wealth of information. Not sure if it has RamAir, but get the things you want to put on her, install them or have it done, eg. pipes, air cleaner, Power Commander 5, aka PCV, have it tuned by a good tuner and or dyno. Then you will know the machine won't melt down. I don't know if that will fix the flat spot, for it could be another problem, but you have to start with the basics. Have fun

Attachments

• IMG_20181209_133559.jpg
    IMG_20181209_133559.jpg
    450.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20181209_133544.jpg
    IMG_20181209_133544.jpg
    382 KB · Views: 7
Looks like the Dave Platt set. Someone should have a good tune to start with as a base tune ateast. Of course if you not computer savy then you might as well go the pcv route so someone can tune it on a dyno
You lost me on computer savy

Back