ArekDeBoss

Turbocharged
Ride
Rocket 3 GT 2022
I have 2015 roadster. Purchased it few months ago with a seg of short exhausts. No idea what kind, i know nothing about tunes etc.
Getting to the point: I recently noticed that around 3.700 rpm on 3rd 4th and 5th gear I hit power plateau. Engine revs but i lose the pull if you know what im trying to say. It comes back around 5000rpm.
And I dont know if it was there before but I was too scared to open the throtle or I just missed it enjoying the bike.
And one more thing. Dont know if related. I have a lot of back firing on low gears
Thanks for any advice.

Apparently its a well known problem , but is it in younger models too or just below 2010?

Some folk have recently reported having older model TPS's fitted to newer bikes. Triumph must've had some old stock to use up.

If you take it off and it has blue innards then it's the older version, black innards is the newer one. Still a possibility a new one could go on the fritz.

Do you have TuneECU and a cable? Easy to check if it's the TPS if you do.

It’s not the old TPS, bike is too new for that.

Have you done anything to adjust fueling after changing the pipes? Sound like two things to me, TPS causing the low rpm issues and stock map + exhaust causing the lean flat spot.

I purchased the bike like that. Have not changed anything I don't have any clue about maps ECU etc.
Some folk have recently reported having older model TPS's fitted to newer bikes. Triumph must've had some old stock to use up.

If you take it off and it has blue innards then it's the older version, black innards is the newer one. Still a possibility a new one could go on the fritz.

Do you have TuneECU and a cable? Easy to check if it's the TPS if you do.

It’s not the old TPS, bike is too new for that.

Have you done anything to adjust fueling after changing the pipes? Sound like two things to me, TPS causing the low rpm issues and stock map + exhaust causing the lean flat spot.

Just got back from the garage. Loss of power was a slipping clutch. They had to replace the whole clutch since it was burnt :-(
Luckily the dealer let me get away with a contribution not the whole bill

Back