Let there be light!!!

New headlights are a necessity . I have a couple of the cheap ones currently but may upgrade to JW adaptive later. To be honest I dont do enough night riding on the Rocket to justify the price . It is ludicrous that they charge $1000 for a pair and yet you can buy 2 in a package for a Harley for $700

There are lights to be seen, and lights by which to see.

If your life depends on it, you need serious light, and properly aimed for your bike the way you ride it (you on it).

There is much excellent discussion on this site by folks who are knowledgeable in the area. I suggest you search for posts about headlights, and by @cr0ft, @1olbull , @barbagris for a good start. @Ishrub has posted some useful information about Asian knockoffs.

Additional light is available with various options for running lights - most being LED these days.

New headlights are a necessity . I have a couple of the cheap ones currently but may upgrade to JW adaptive later. To be honest I dont do enough night riding on the Rocket to justify the price . It is ludicrous that they charge $1000 for a pair and yet you can buy 2 in a package for a Harley for $700
I purchased the JW Adaptive 1 Dual set for Harley last winter for 1/2 that price. I easily removed the leds from the housing and installed in my Rocket buckets. Realize they are Adaptive 1 not 2. The adaptive function only works on low beam. It was well worth it. 1olbull will tell you. There is a set on EBAY currently for $483. Search for JW Speaker #0553701. That is the chrome part number, they also come in black. Pricing seems to change a lot. In January you could have purchased them for $291.

Last edited:
brought a set of the Cheap LED's ( off one of those site fleabay or etsy or something or other) when i brought my bike four years ago they were 99 bucks AUD, they have been in super heavy rain many times and still work a treat well worth it. Ahh that's right Ali express is where i got them

I purchased the JW Adaptive 1 Dual set for Harley last winter for 1/2 that price. I easily removed the leds from the housing and installed in my Rocket buckets. Realize they are Adaptive 1 not 2. The adaptive function only works on low beam. It was well worth it. 1olbull will tell you. There is a set on EBAY currently for $483. Search for JW Speaker #0553701. That is the chrome part number, they also come in black. Pricing seems to change a lot. In January you could have purchased them for $291.

I have seen the same post before. I reckon the price tis for each light.
If it is for two, then BUY, BUY, BUY! They will fit and work exceptionally! :thumbsup:

On a related note, the radio news tells me Amazon has been charged with selling counterfeit goods online. Evidently, some of the unbranded (or off branded) goods are steeling technology from patented companies and Amazon is not doing due diligence to prevent the sale of such. I see it as similar to the folks who used to download free music back in the 90s without paying royalties to the song owners. Not quite the same, but close...

I wouldn't even consider them.
I'm thinking Any LED"S are better than stock. I can see way much better at night around Upstate New York, The deer eyes I can see in the woods here. Would not ride at night without them now.
brought a set of the Cheap LED's ( off one of those site fleabay or etsy or something or other) when i brought my bike four years ago they were 99 bucks AUD, they have been in super heavy rain many times and still work a treat well worth it. Ahh that's right Ali express is where i got them

I also bought a pair of the cheap Chicom knockoffs from ebay - don't remember the brand, never heard of them though - Anyway, 4 years and a few rides with @rainman + some other torrential downpour thru many miles and they still work perfect, and are 100X better than the OEM's

On a related note, the radio news tells me Amazon has been charged with selling counterfeit goods online. Evidently, some of the unbranded (or off branded) goods are steeling technology from patented companies and Amazon is not doing due diligence to prevent the sale of such. I see it as similar to the folks who used to download free music back in the 90s without paying royalties to the song owners. Not quite the same, but close...

I am very glad this is happening. The Chinese are ripping off American companies big-time by using the same registered brand names to id their product copies.
A pertinent example for us is their improper use of the "Daymaker" name.
At least give your inexpensive product its own darn name! :thumbsup:

The real sad thing is that many US buyers (not our members) go for the cheapest price without researching exactly what they are buying.

I am very glad this is happening. The Chinese are ripping off American companies big-time by using the same registered brand names to id their product copies.
A pertinent example for us is their improper use of the "Daymaker" name.
At least give your inexpensive product its own darn name! :thumbsup:

The real sad thing is that many US buyers (not our members) go for the cheapest price without researching exactly what they are buying.

Actually the Chinese crap is sold by Amazon vendors and not by them.
Amazon needs to do a better job of policing what is sold over their market!
Bezos don't care and he just wants the money!

Back