Legit or Dodgy dealer anyone know?

Tell me about it. So many goodies available from the USA...pretty reasonably priced and then you add the shipping....and suddenly it blows the budget!
I'm considering a US holiday and taking an empty suitcase!

Our postal service NZ Post has a thing called YouPost (or YouShop, or something like that) we have an account with them, when we buy the well priced goods/parts from shops in the USA they usually have free delivery in USA. We have the goods shipped to "our" address in the USA and NZ Post gets them here real cheap, usually about 1/4 of the site price from the US dealers quote price.

No reflection on the US Dealers here but the Fedex etc are expensive.

When it lands in NZ Post Depot USA it gets put in a container or airfreight bin and we get given the price. Takes longer but they also will accumulate your orders and send as one parcel. Customs look at each parcel not the whole lot also, so accumulating a number of parcels and you are still sweet with taxman too.

Its a good service.

I received a parcel just today and have two more shipments on way at moment. Good for bike parts.

Havnt used them yet Sleeves but do have an account with them. Apparently if your'e looking at a product that dosnt ship to NZ you can buy and use the NZ post thing and get it via the US postal address...pretty handy to know.

I use NZ Post to ship stuff outa NZ, they are by far the cheapest, especially compared to the likes of DHL etc.
Shipping (using NZ Post) is waaay cheaper sending out of NZ than getting stuff in from over sea's. (Aside from what Sleeves has said)

Many years ago I sent a T160 Trident 3 into 1 to a Guy in the States.
He was rebuilding the bike and by the time he was ready to fit the header I had developed a newer version.
He wanted this so I said no worries just send the earlier one back and I'll credit that against the new one.
When he priced shipping it, it was about double of what it had cost to send it to him, I forget what the exact figures were now.

So I said for him to keep it there and when I get another enquiry for the same pipe, I'll just send them onto him, all worked out well.

Our government is once again poised to deliver a pineapple suppository to the hard working people of Australia, they propose to put a $50 tax on any purchase bought online form overseas with a purchase price Under $1000 Aud , they already tax at a set percentage those items over $1000 Aud , personally im sick of working hard and being F^%$ED by the corrupt politicians of this country.

Our government is once again poised to deliver a pineapple suppository to the hard working people of Australia, they propose to put a $50 tax on any purchase bought online form overseas with a purchase price Under $1000 Aud , they already tax at a set percentage those items over $1000 Aud , personally im sick of working hard and being F^%$ED by the corrupt politicians of this country.

I bought something a while ago for my XJR and went through ebay lo and behold got hit with GST on my Ebay invoice as it was through an Aussie company third party direct from japan........ have to watch that next time, buy direct!

So you won't have to send over a couple of Italian goombas to break his legs.

Chatted to him again today and he is getting me a ramair kit here by Friday as well was a great bloke to talk to and very apologetic, my other item should be here next week, getting a major service done on Monday so hoping the ramair arrives by then and get the shop to fit it while its having a major.

I always get a big major done on my bikes when I buy them that way I know things are good and then work on them myself from then on if I can..... will be my first time for touching a Triumph mechanically. Only ever worked on Jap bikes so hope I don't stuff it up with my slopey eyes!!

Chatted to him again today and he is getting me a ramair kit here by Friday as well was a great bloke to talk to and very apologetic, my other item should be here next week, getting a major service done on Monday so hoping the ramair arrives by then and get the shop to fit it while its having a major.

I always get a big major done on my bikes when I buy them that way I know things are good and then work on them myself from then on if I can..... will be my first time for touching a Triumph mechanically. Only ever worked on *** bikes so hope I don't stuff it up with my slopey eyes!!

Roscoe, I suspect that you are a very unpolitically correct gent, which I suspect is close to a universal Aussie trait. :laugh:

And BTW, I do the same thing when I get a new/used bike. I bought a 2007 Kawasaki Nomad a couple of years ago with only 9K on it. I took it to the Kawi dealership and had a full service done with all fluids changed. I then installed a new battery.

My R3T had only about 6K on it when I rode it home from the friend who I bought it from. I changed the oil and installed a new battery before I rode it again. I'll take it in to the Seattle Triumph dealership for the 10K and then do the work for the rest of it's life, or mine, whichever comes first, unless it is for something beyond my ability.

And have a factory shop manual for all of my bikes, to include my 1967 Triumph TR6C

I'm glad you sorted it out.

Last edited:
Yeah I not into political correctness much actually it pings me right off....... other than that I wouldn't say I was a gent far from that beleive me lol..... everyone at work calls Retard and everyone Ihang with usually calls me Goober....... I love my pet names lol

Back