LED turn signal problem

Boony

Turbocharged
Ride
2010 Rocket 3 Roadster. Black and shiny.
I replaced the turn signal globes with LEDs and the relay with an LED relay. Front turn signals work fine. The rear turn signals don't work at all. I put the original globes back in and they work properly. I checked the globes. Both work properly in the front turn signals.

Is there a separate relay for the rear turn signals?

Does anyone know why they don't work?

I am probably missing something obvious but any help will be appreciated.

thanks

Normal bulbs work fine regardless of which way the current is flowing - it's literally a glowing filament that the power goes through to make it glow. LED's however are directional and need negative to be negative.

I hardwired in new LED clusters in my indicators and Triumph in their penny-saving wisdom didn't maintain the color coding of the wires from the front harness (where they are correct) to the rear harness. The rear harness had two identical black/silver cables for both positive and negative... I literally had to break out the multimeter and measure which was which.

So basically, it's a 50/50 shot that the cables will be right. The guy at Triumph who assembled the bike just plugged them in haphazardly in the indicator. Might be right, might be wrong - works fine regardless with normal lights.

I'm in somewhat of the same place right now. I have no blinkers working. LEDs front and rear, relay changed, hit the switch to either left or right and can here the relay clicking, but no light.

I'm in somewhat of the same place right now. I have no blinkers working. LEDs front and rear, relay changed, hit the switch to either left or right and can here the relay clicking, but no light.

Just reverse the wires

Back