Kick stand question

Mike Rocket

Rocket 3
Ride
2014 Rocket 3 Roadster
I have just read that a rocket 3 owner has had the kick stand break off of the engine case writing off the bike. Has this happened to anybody on this site or is it due to some abuse? If this happens it looks like it cannot be fixed. i must say this is the 1st time i have heard of this!

I don't know of it happening to anyone on here but I can tell you it completely **** the lower case and for insurance purposes would be around 10k in Aussie dollars to replace

I have not heard of such happening either. As long as the integrity of the engine is good, the bike would still be ridable. Just have to figure out a new attachment point for a side stand.

I do remember an incident, though not who. And it was due to mishandling by a shipper.

What ***wit ships a 1/3 tonne bike on the stand?. It's why bike trailers support the weight on that which was built to take it - the suspension.

Still remember when I sold my Buell that the shipper (organised by buyer) strapped the bike down on the stand. They do the same on the ferries too - never been too happy with it.

I do remember an incident, though not who. And it was due to mishandling by a shipper.

What ***wit ships a 1/3 tonne bike on the stand?. It's why bike trailers support the weight on that which was built to take it - the suspension.

Still remember when I sold my Buell that the shipper (organised by buyer) strapped the bike down on the stand. They do the same on the ferries too - never been too happy with it.
Yes, my harley was pulled down very tightly on a cross channel ferry, very worrying. It survives though.

I have not heard of such happening either. As long as the integrity of the engine is good, the bike would still be ridable. Just have to figure out a new attachment point for a side stand.
Looking at it it would be difficult to attach another stand to the frame. I cannot see where you could fit it. A centre stand was available for the early bikes but not for the roadster.

That really sucks! I'm not sure that it can be re-attached and with the exorbitant cost of a new engine case, in the meantime I would just plan to lean it against whatever is available and looks sturdy such as the garage wall, telephone pole, tree, etc...

That really sucks! I'm not sure that it can be re-attached and with the exorbitant cost of a new engine case, in the meantime I would just plan to lean it against whatever is available and looks sturdy such as the garage wall, telephone pole, tree, etc...
It makes you cautious if you think about it too much! Thankfully it's not a common thing.

Back