Keyless ignition

Morph1976

.040 Over
Ride
Rocket 3 tourer 07
Hi guys, a daft question for you (given I've asked so many before I figured 1 more wont matter) if I was to buy the following
Would I still need the keyed ignition for the headlights and dash etc or if wired correctly would this do everything. I'm gonna go this route as my keyed ignition is intermittent and I have to wiggle keys sometimes to get dashboard to light and get the bike to go through all its initial checks. Was gonna get one from decosse but hes not got any at min. Also are these secure enough and what I mean, are the frequencies used by fob hard to copy?

Check my signature for instructions on making your own keyless system.
Cheers, I've already had a look at your link but I'd be frightened of someone being able to copy the code if I bought the wrong one and fancy one that is as secure as possible

Funny how much fear of theft there is vs how statistically rare it is. My cars and bikes sit in my driveway or open doored barn with the keys in the ignition or setting on the console for 35 years now. Locally, I don't even take the key out at the bar or store.

Funny how much fear of theft there is vs how statistically rare it is. My cars and bikes sit in my driveway or barn with the keys in the ignition or setting on the console for 35 years now. Locally, I don't even take the key out at the bar or store.
😁 I'm in manchester uk and even dogs walk round with flick knives where I am

Different world, I suppose, I've never lived in a large city.
It doesn't matter where you live in California. If you don't lock your car or house then your stuff will be gone. It's a national past time here. Sometimes you can just go onto Ebay and buy your stuff back.:cool:

I have the Digital Guard Dog setup and the only things I need the key for is the steering lock, seat release, and gas cap. I don't see why this would be any different.

It doesn't matter where you live in California. If you don't lock your car or house then your stuff will be gone. It's a national past time here. Sometimes you can just go onto Ebay and buy your stuff back.:cool:
We just
I have the Digital Guard Dog setup and the only things I need the key for is the steering lock, seat release, and gas cap. I don't see why this would be any different.
Cheers TRath

Hi guys, a daft question for you (given I've asked so many before I figured 1 more wont matter) if I was to buy the following
Would I still need the keyed ignition for the headlights and dash etc or if wired correctly would this do everything. I'm gonna go this route as my keyed ignition is intermittent and I have to wiggle keys sometimes to get dashboard to light and get the bike to go through all its initial checks. Was gonna get one from decosse but hes not got any at min. Also are these secure enough and what I mean, are the frequencies used by fob hard to copy?
I would be interested to know how this goes for you if you try, after the arguments about human nature have subsided.

Back