Key out of range

Telg1

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket 3 GT
I have a Rocket 3 GT and it keep coming up key out of range. Dealer does not know and has not been helpful does anyone have the same problem or knows how to fix

I have a Rocket 3 GT and it keep coming up key out of range. Dealer does not know and has not been helpful does anyone have the same problem or knows how to fix
I had this issue. The dealer remapped it to the bike. I changed the battery. Haven't had a problem with it since.

Maybe start with the battery. Who knows how old they are, might be prudent to install a new one.

I had this issue. The dealer remapped it to the bike. I changed the battery. Haven't had a problem with it since.

Maybe start with the battery. Who knows how old they are, might be prudent to install a new one.
Thanks I will give it a try

I had the same issue several times from the very begining. Dealer remembered me two points which could seem obvious:
- keep the key as close as possible to handlebar. Key in the waist pocket of the jacket is fine for me, but inside breast pocket is not (key out of range signal),
- do not forget to switch off the key when you stop riding, to save key battery,

In addition, I have a sealed new key battery with me.

I had it about 3 rides in a row back in Feb/March. Changed nothing, never saw it since. Only variable I can think of is temperature.

IMO it's a bogus/false alarm alert. Have had it a couple of times, done absolutely bugger all and it always keeps running and turns on and start just fine after switching ignition off and on again (after ride or coffee break)

IMO it's a bogus/false alarm alert. Have had it a couple of times, done absolutely bugger all and it always keeps running and turns on and start just fine after switching ignition off and on again (after ride or coffee break)
Yes it does not seem to cause any problem but when you pay £20000 for a bike you expect better!

Yes it does not seem to cause any problem but when you pay £20000 for a bike you expect better!
Things like this is pretty common on BMW and Mercedes cars costing more than twice as much.. :)
I know two wrongs don't make one right, just putting it into perspective.

I have the same issue and changed the battery twice but I don't think it's a battery issue. What I have started doing is turn the fob off every time I stop and leave the bike. I turn it onto "green" when I'm sat on the bike and ready to start.
I have not had the out-of-range warning since I do this procedure. If you walk more than about 6ft away when the ignition is on and no engine running, it will be out of range, and it doesn't re-set when you come back in range. You need to turn off and start again. Bit frustrating but I don't think it's an actual malfunction, just not very user friendly. Hope this helps.

Back