Yet another key fob issue

My bike has been in hibernation (since Christmas), till today.

Fob works, so I can start the bike etc... but after about one minute a warning symbol comes on the dash with a statement below saying that the fob is out of range.

I changed the battery in the fob but it's still showing the out of range warning.
The key fob is in my left pocket, so close enough to the sensor on the bike.

I can't see anything in the user manual regarding the warning symbol and what to do about rectifying the problem.

I wouldn't be aware that there was a problem if it wasn't for the symbol on the dash.

Anyone got any suggestions as to what to do?.................. (other than take the bulb out of the warning light :whitstling: )

My bike has been in hibernation (since Christmas), till today.

Fob works, so I can start the bike etc... but after about one minute a warning symbol comes on the dash with a statement below saying that the fob is out of range.

I changed the battery in the fob but it's still showing the out of range warning.
The key fob is in my left pocket, so close enough to the sensor on the bike.

I can't see anything in the user manual regarding the warning symbol and what to do about rectifying the problem.

I wouldn't be aware that there was a problem if it wasn't for the symbol on the dash.

Anyone got any suggestions as to what to do?.................. (other than take the bulb out of the warning light :whitstling: )
That was one of the weird alarms I'd get when my battery terminals were getting loose. Tighten them up and it goes away. Coincidence?

Back