Yet another key fob issue

Loueebish2

Let’s not do that again
Ride
2020 Triumph R3R
Well, I now have joined the club of key fobs not working, interesting in that I ordered a spare at time of delivery, just in case, and it still has not arrived. The only way I can start it is to use the manual method and put the fob at the sensor under the seat on the left side. Dealer is checking the status of wrong fob received and will put my bike on the computer when it comes in. It has been 5 months. Not happy with the rocket right now. Ps I tried all the online "fixes" to no avail. How widespread is this flaw?

I have problem with key after some days of deactivation (set to red light). Then i must place it under seat to start. But next times it works ok

If it works under the seat, might it be a battery issue?
I dont know. I have almost new bike, bought in july 2022.
It is not regular, it looks like the bike forgets the wireless connection after some time of unuse. If I use it (almost) daily, I dont have these problems. Maybe security feature 🤣🤣🤣

I dont know. I have almost new bike, bought in july 2022.
It is not regular, it looks like the bike forgets the wireless connection after some time of unuse. If I use it (almost) daily, I dont have these problems. Maybe security feature 🤣🤣🤣
Some members had to replace batteries quite soon. Luckily it's a common battery and easy to get and replace.

Last edited:
Some members had to replace batteries quite soon. Luckily it's a common battery and easy to get and replace.
I’ve replaced my battery with a quality fresh battery . No go, also cleaned and slightly bent the positive and negative connections, put a shim under the battery lid. I also disconnected the bike battery, cleaned the terminals, no joy! What bugs the tar out of me is they keep using this known defective system. As much as I wonder why they would go this route. I also keep thinking cars don’t seem to have the same quantity of issue. Triumph saddled up with a crappy vendor. Yep I’m frustrated.

Back