Imperial gallon = 4.546 litres
US gallon = 3.785 litres

Difference is about 3/4 of a litre or about 25 fl oz - more than a pint (1.6 US pints in fact).

Worst i got was 28 /30 mpg (u.s.) usually average around 40 to 45 since i put the tors on seems like i get less mpg not real sure yet as i put them on late in riding season

Talking mpg can be confusing. 44 miles per imperial gallon is pretty good but 44 to a US gallon would be extraordinary. I tend to get 10-13km per litre around town depending how much of a hurry I've been in, and 15-17 on a trip. That's around 240 - 410 kms (150-255 miles) from a tank. Norm is about 280 (175 miles) generally fill at 200 (125 miles) around town.

Mine is about the same Iwas down around Woodenbong in the mountians for a couple a days giving it to it and got it down to 9klm per litre.

I recently had a power commander fitted and dynotune. A run down the freeway from Bendigo to Hastings yesterday including a bit of stop start in the City (in the heat of the day) returned 5.92 litres per 100ks or approx 17ks per litre, I think this equals 47 or 48 mpg. Hope this helps.

I don't think I could get 40 MPG...if it was on a trailer:eek:

I have asked this question before...What RPMs are you turning at 72 MPH

I am turning 3000 RPM at 72 MPH.....and right at 100 mph at 4000....all speed is checked with a GPS

That is why I am trying to find another rear wheel for the Rocket...would like to try the new Bridgestone M/C tire:D

None of ya'll have a spare one sitting around collecting dust.......do ya...???:rolleyes:

I've been averaging 35 MPG with the bike since I got it, but today, on a 90 mile trip with less stop and go driving; I got 41 MPG.

I'm pretty happy with that, as that's what I got with my '08 Bonnie in stop and go driving (and the beast has a lot more horses to feed)!

Rick

34 - 35 mpg pretty much regardless of speed on my R3R.
With the Excedra Max rear my GPS and odo are right on.
The above is based upon 11,500 trip taken last summer.

Talking mpg can be confusing. 44 miles per imperial gallon is pretty good but 44 to a US gallon would be extraordinary. I tend to get 10-13km per litre around town depending how much of a hurry I've been in, and 15-17 on a trip. That's around 240 - 410 kms (150-255 miles) from a tank. Norm is about 280 (175 miles) generally fill at 200 (125 miles) around town.
up to 410 kms wow was that using the last ml of fuel ? most i got was 360kms mostly country riding and and i got 22 L in the tank when i filled up i can get 24 L if i rock the bike to get more in than intended

Back