peter k

Top Fuel
Ride
2008 r3 standard
My bike being a standard standard took it for a boring economy run today ,at speeds .
between 60 kph and 120 kph or 35mph and 75 mph she used 6.16 liters per hundred kilometers or 44mpg .is that about average

don't know mate but I do know i get about 330-350 k out of a tank if I'm trying hard to get good milage. Malcy and I worked out I was burning about 15% more fuel than him on our trip to HBay.

hope it helps

I did not want to bring this up......

I posted that X-Mas day I went for a nice easy ride...Only twisted the Throttle 2 times ...and never for more than 2 -3 seconds....Mostly 35 to 50 mph

At 101 miles the light came on....the last 5 times the the light came on it used apx. 4.2 gal.. I did not fill it back up...so not sure to the correct gal. used.

I bought this Rocket new and the best I can remember is about 34 mpg before any mods.

I did not want to bring this up......

I posted that X-Mas day I went for a nice easy ride...Only twisted the Throttle 2 times ...and never for more than 2 -3 seconds....Mostly 35 to 50 mph

At 101 miles the light came on....the last 5 times the the light came on it used apx. 4.2 gal.. I did not fill it back up...so not sure to the correct gal. used.

I bought this Rocket new and the best I can remember is about 34 mpg before any mods.

I get around 170 miles up before the light comes on then another 50 miles after that I also have a fuel gauge which gives me a better indication of how my fuel supply is

if you got 44mpg, you did well. I have cruised at 60-70 and the best I have been able o squeeze out of the roadster is 40mpg. but then tis isn't really a bike for mileage....:cool:

Most i've ever got was 350 klms , that was in the south of Tasmania riding really slowly. Worst was just over 200 klms ,that was up the Territory riding flat out.

Talking mpg can be confusing. 44 miles per imperial gallon is pretty good but 44 to a US gallon would be extraordinary. I tend to get 10-13km per litre around town depending how much of a hurry I've been in, and 15-17 on a trip. That's around 240 - 410 kms (150-255 miles) from a tank. Norm is about 280 (175 miles) generally fill at 200 (125 miles) around town.

Talking mpg can be confusing. 44 miles per imperial gallon is pretty good but 44 to a US gallon would be extraordinary. I tend to get 10-13km per litre around town depending how much of a hurry I've been in, and 15-17 on a trip. That's around 240 - 410 kms (150-255 miles) from a tank. Norm is about 280 (175 miles) generally fill at 200 (125 miles) around town.

I think our gallon is about a half of a pint larger I think ,may be ,some thing like that.

Back