44mpg, with real gallons equals about 36.6mpg with American gallons. 1 Imperial gallon = 1.2 US gallons.

10 gallon hats are really only 8 gallons, but don't tell the Texans that or they get upset. ;)
You're crossing the line now Ian...:cool:

Just filled up yesterday and my R3T is very steady at 28MPG. I have 3,200 miles on it now so I would think it is somewhat broken in. I plan to put on Tors a a drop in K&N filter sometime this spring in hopes that will increase my mileage.

I got about 35 mpg outta the standard and the new Roadster is pretty much the same
But I guess none of us bought the bike for it's gas mileage..it needs fuel I fill it up..can't think of a better way to spend money ;)

RJ

AAA++

I got about 35 mpg outta the standard and the new Roadster is pretty much the same
But I guess none of us bought the bike for it's gas mileage..it needs fuel I fill it up..can't think of a better way to spend money ;)

RJ
The sad thing Ray Jay, is I have to stop to fill it up...

mine does real good after the incident.
riding down the freeway i slowed down and the highway patrol pulled me over and asked me how fast i was going. i was thinking did he get me before or after i slowed down,while i was thinking he said you probably couldn't see the speedo going that fast you were going 107 mph. i thought that was a lucky break i won't be going to jail. my wife asked me how fast and i just looked at her for a while and she said i don't want to know do i, and i said that's right.
just $244 and driving school. i have to be a good boy for a while.

I get between 30 - 33 and have since my first tank after I bought the bike. TORs and underseat K&N made virtually no difference. Depends on the mix of city/highway I do. Also, much of my highway riding is done between 75 - 90 for long stretches. 3,000 RPM (80 MPH) on the highway seems to be the cutoff point; below there mileage increases 1-2 mpg.

Best I ever got was 38 mpg (us) on the way to Maggie Valley last year. Mostly stock roadster running on the Interstate at ~ 75 mph

I've been averaging 35 MPG with the bike since I got it, but today, on a 90 mile trip with less stop and go driving; I got 41 MPG.

I'm pretty happy with that, as that's what I got with my '08 Bonnie in stop and go driving (and the beast has a lot more horses to feed)!

Rick

I wanted to add that the mileage I'm getting may be in part related to the fuel I always use; 90 octane ethanol free gas that's available locally.

Rick

On my 3500Km trip over Xmas I averaged 6 to 7 litres per 100Kms, that was loaded with gear, didn't change on the return trip with Helen on the back.
The fuel light comes on between 200 & 250 Kms depending on how spirited the ride is ;)

Back