The standard has pegs in the forward position, but some folks have moved them. It is possible, but not too easy. You should have a solo rider's seat, with the pillion seat as a separate unit. A good seat guy should be able to carve and re-pad your seat to move you back, and higher if needed.

If you put your city and/or state in your info then it helps us all to recommend someone in your are for help when needed.

The standard has pegs in the forward position, but some folks have moved them. It is possible, but not too easy. You should have a solo rider's seat, with the pillion seat as a separate unit. A good seat guy should be able to carve and re-pad your seat to move you back, and higher if needed.

If you put your city and/or state in your info then it helps us all to recommend someone in your are for help when needed.
I'm in Louisville Ky
My surrender seat is two peice....I was looking at getting the duel gel seat I saw a a couple things online of tall guys saying it helped them...I haven't contacted them yet but online it looks like I can't just go into a dealer shop and have them put on more forward controls

Hey guys new here found the page looking for advice to make the ride better I'm 6'5 400 lbs trying too figure out about moving controls or whish seat is best too move me back and higher
Welcome from sunny Southern California. Big guy like you, you'll probably have to reach out to a seat manufacturing company and have something custom made. Some of the popular seat manufacturers for Rockets are:
You may want to think about better rear shocks, whether it's the Progressive 444 HD 12.5" rear springs, Hagon Nitros, or something more expensive like Ohlins, K-Tech, etc. Again, give the manufacturer a call and give them your specs so they can provide the appropriate shock. Good luck and let us know what you settle on!

Back