just bought a 2012 this week, looking forward to spring

Theodore, welcome from Maine, Captain.:) As far as crash bars go, the 50mm bars from Germany are beasts. Search on here for them. Expensive for sure, but beautiful too. Around 600 US.

Hoopla

Welcome from western North Carolina. I'm a contender for shortest Rocket owner at 5'5" (and shrinking) and, yes, get the ugly crash bars. I've had to pick the girl up a couple of times. Fueled by embarrassment and adrenaline and with the crash bars, nothing but a thang to snatch her right back up.

Hey Theodore....Congrats on your brave move...and your new lady...and your new scooter..
I personally dont have crash bars but if i do, they will be big bastards!!..50 mm.
Had an fright just last weekend when my left foot hung up on the peg for an instant while i was moving the bike very slowly on a grass area. My foot came off when the bike was already leaning and it took all my strength, both in my bent leg and my arms to stop it falling and making a kingsize jerk out of me! We were at a Triumph rally in front of alot of people. A shy, embarrassed grin is all i managed.
Had she fallen, the wheels would have been in the air cos it was downhill on my left!
Point is, crash bars would have saved all those important bits which live on the left side not least my Mizano mirror...bar end weights...panels...tank...backrest...aaarggghhh!!...see what i mean...
Gotta go, ive got crashbars to seek out!
Oh, and welcome and enjoy the forum.

Hello Theodore and welcome from Virginia. Pardon my tardy greeting, have you gained the crash bars yet? I have had the privilege of using them three times now, most recently in Florida leaving my daughter house when an off camber curb tossed me on my butt while turning around. No damage to the bike at all and makes picking the bike back up quite easy.

Back