Just bought a 2005 rocket III

Hello @Jcjetty and welcome from Virginia. You should be able to find a new handle bar at the above site. Looks like someone real heavy leaned on yours and bent them down... 😉
I had to drop the handle bars to get the bike in the back of the truck for the ride home. Unfortunately 3 of the bolts broke. Appreciate the reply thanks!

You can look up the parts numbers of what you need at Bike Bandit: www.bikebandit.com. Then use those numbers to shop Ebay or give them to a Triumph dealer (waaaay faster than ordering from Bike Bandit).

Welcome to the forum from sunny and humid North Texas.
Thanks for that! I lived north of Amarillo for little over a year. Nice part of the world

I had to drop the handle bars to get the bike in the back of the truck for the ride home. Unfortunately 3 of the bolts broke. Appreciate the reply thanks!

Sutemribor 304 Stainless Steel Flat Washer and Lock Washer Assortment Set 700 Pieces, 8 Sizes - M2 M2.5 M3 M4 M5 M6 M8 M10 Sutemribor 304 Stainless Steel Flat Washer and Lock Washer Assortment Set 700 Pieces, 8 Sizes - M2 M2.5 M3 M4 M5 M6 M8 M10: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

HVAZI 135PCS Metric M2.5 M3 M4 M5 M6 M8 304 Stainless Steel Hex Socket Head Cap Screws Assortment Kit HVAZI 135PCS Metric M2.5 M3 M4 M5 M6 M8 304 Stainless Steel Hex Socket Head Cap Screws Assortment Kit: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Got these pretty good deal

Sutemribor 304 Stainless Steel Flat Washer and Lock Washer Assortment Set 700 Pieces, 8 Sizes - M2 M2.5 M3 M4 M5 M6 M8 M10 Sutemribor 304 Stainless Steel Flat Washer and Lock Washer Assortment Set 700 Pieces, 8 Sizes - M2 M2.5 M3 M4 M5 M6 M8 M10: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

HVAZI 135PCS Metric M2.5 M3 M4 M5 M6 M8 304 Stainless Steel Hex Socket Head Cap Screws Assortment Kit HVAZI 135PCS Metric M2.5 M3 M4 M5 M6 M8 304 Stainless Steel Hex Socket Head Cap Screws Assortment Kit: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

That is a good deal!

Yeah I used one for the TPS primary and the seat side bolt's were black steel and rusting.
And found this perfect for the TPS screw, and Allen hex head.

And whenever messing on top of oil tank, Tab's don't drop anything behind the oil tank you'll never get it out, I lost the cooling bleeder bolt, I used clay bar in a socket to replace it, $8 for 1 bolt and it's not magnetic, I stuff rags in the spaces to keep from dropping stuff behind it. Gl enjoy, and get the lonelec OBD2 cable and tuneecu from the Google play store, comes in really Handy

Last edited:
Yeah I used one for the TPS primary and the seat side bolt's were black steel and rusting.
And found this perfect for the TPS screw, and Allen hex head.

And whenever messing on top of oil tank, Tab's don't drop anything behind the oil tank you'll never get it out, I lost the cooling bleeder bolt, I used clay bar in a socket to replace it, $8 for 1 bolt and it's not magnetic, I stuff rags in the spaces to keep from dropping stuff behind it. Gl enjoy, and get the lonelec OBD2 cable and tuneecu from the Google play store, comes in really Handy
Really? It has on board diagnostics? That is good to know! Thank you!

Really? It has on board diagnostics? That is good to know! Thank you!
A lot more than diagnostics, set fuel ratios, they have premade map's you can load, and some posted hear, .hex file's, look up tuneEcu on you tube and Rocket 3. I got the cable from lonelec in UK, it will cost you a little more but that's the one tuneEcu suggests. And you're device android tablet, or phone, has to accept OTG, and any adapters have to be OTG, make sure you backed up your original so if something goes south you can change back, GL
Important read carefully all of tuneEcu basics, and I don't suggest adjusting ratios on your own without special equipment, get it dyno'ed

Last edited:
Back