Just bought a 2005 rocket III

Jcjetty

.020 Over
Ride
05 rocket III
I'm looking for a good place to get parts. The fuel system in my 05 is a mess. New pump, filter, spacer... etc. Any suggestions here in the states?

Thanks.
P.s. I am chomping at the bit to get this beast on the road

Attachments

• 20210902_120913.jpg
    20210902_120913.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 25
You can look up the parts numbers of what you need at Bike Bandit: www.bikebandit.com. Then use those numbers to shop Ebay or give them to a Triumph dealer (waaaay faster than ordering from Bike Bandit).

Welcome to the forum from sunny and humid North Texas.

You can look up the parts numbers of what you need at Bike Bandit: www.bikebandit.com. Then use those numbers to shop Ebay or give them to a Triumph dealer (waaaay faster than ordering from Bike Bandit).

Thanks for the reply. I'll look into it!

You can go to the plnwallcycle.com too for used parts they are on ebay too | Pinwall Cycle Parts, Inc | Your one stop, motorcycle shop for used parts, service, accessories, & apparel I just spent $350 there, most of it was TB's and injectors complete for $150. Brand New they're$2,800, don't disconnect any wires without taking the battery terminal off, I just take the negative off. but I found that out the hard way, I have a 08 r3t and you have to disconnect the instruments to take the tank up, after I connected it back up my speedometer, fuel gauge, turn signal self cancel, didn't work, the odometer and trip meters didn't increase, and I'm not sure but the trip meters and clock didn't work but found the constant voltage, ( purple wire on mine ) wasn't getting voltage, found it to be broken under the insulation as it fell off when I touched it testing it. 😁
I researched it on here and found all that goes out when the speed sensor isn't working, so my daughter bought me a used sensor on pinwall on ebay for $60 including free shipping and insurance for 2 yrs, and that was it, then I still had the problem of the clock and meters resetting Everytime I shut it off and turned it back on, (turned the key), I figured that one out myself, wasn't hard I knew it was probably the clock not having continuous voltage ⚡, and look in idk signature page, has manuals and a lot of good info. TY idk!!! I bought a digital manual already, but it won't search anything and I think his does, but I think it's a touring and another model I can't remember what, but most of it should be the same, I think a digital manual is like $20 I can't share mine doesn't have the right extensions when I try to up load it, here's a pic of idk's signature page, alot of useful info, I'm definitely following him, but I'm fairly new here too sense about April or May, welcome from NJ GL, how many Miles on that beast?? I got mine with 45,000, I first started researching tire's for the beast, the guy who sold it to me gave me a Bridgestone exedra Max bias for the front, it was worn out completely so I called Bridgestone to match it up with a back tire cause that was at the end of it's life and I wanted to replace it too and could only find a radial in the rear size, I called Bridgestone and they said they don't make a tire for the 08 r3t, all he said was we don't make a tire for that bike, I read on here back in 09 I think they were recalled I heard it was just the touring model, they couldn't handle the torque and weight load and were disintegrating from the inside out, so I called the dealership and they said only Metzler me888's marathons and Avon Cobra chromes are approved for it, so I went with the me888's and heard here that I will only get 5,000 Miles out of them, I don't do a lot of riding so I'm not concerned with that, but I figured the trade off must be better grip which I notice not locking the back tire up anymore, and they definitely feel better, but whatever you get keep an eye on the pressure, they were about 25psi when I first got the bike, felt a lot better with 36 front 42 back, I haven't checked sense getting them replaced, but it cost a lot $900 , Metzler's aren't cheap but the shop was $350 to install, they quoted me $150, and I bought the tires through them, $550, got a lift, will do it myself next time I'm sure I can get it fairly cheap just to mount the tire's and balance, I had to take them off to polish the wheels anyway, oh and Gords Aluminum polish works great just follow instructions, you can get it on ebay, Amazon, and I think I bought it directly off the guy in Texas, the guy that made it was looking for something to clean truck rims, it's on YouTube

Look up my post on what have you done to your rocket lately for more info on pads and stuff. Gl and welcome

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210903-205159.jpg
    Screenshot_20210903-205159.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 9
Hello @Jcjetty and welcome from Virginia. You should be able to find a new handle bar at the above site. Looks like someone real heavy leaned on yours and bent them down... 😉

Back