Just added a couple of things....

I got one of the 2009 Triumph Thunderbird accessory rack bags a few days ago. A9520080 The angle will fit our R3 racks as well. Dimensions: 11" across, 7.5" wide and 11" high

They are fairly cheap on some US sites try a few for best prices as I saw as little as US$75 to double that.
They have a waterproof liner bag that draws together with a cord like a duffle bag. With a velcro fixing tapes on back and two on lower side toi attach to rack.

upload_2017-12-9_16-10-23.png
upload_2017-12-9_16-11-35.png
upload_2017-12-9_16-12-12.png

upload_2017-12-9_16-6-52.png

I got mine new privately on Gumtree here in Oz. And the lid flap sits square like the image above.

Thais photo shows it curved over.
upload_2017-12-9_16-9-5.png

http://www.jacklilley.com/buy/Triumph-Passenger-Backrest-Bag/A9520080

£61.25 50% off at Jack Lilley UK and possibly on that cheap discount Triumph parts list that came OUT IN September BUT is sort of hidden and you often have to ask for availability and to provide that pricing.
Often the various online Triumph dealer websites main Accessory pages have the same things at a much higher price but its worth asking for the discounted price.

US$99 at Large Leather Sissy Bar Bag | A9520080 | Triumph Motorcycles

· This Large Sissy Bar Bag from Triumph provides classic styling and durability. While also offering an easy fitting arrangement with leather hook in strap and velcro attachments. Gives you a convenient storage area for small valuables behind the sissy bar.

· Classic styling

· Hook in strap fastener and velcro attachements.

· 8 liter Capacity

· Leather

· Requires Sissy Bar, A9750516 and Luggage Rack, A9750570

· This item replaces part number A9528032

· Dimensions: 11" across, 7.5" wide and 11" high

Fits:

· Thunderbird 1600/1700

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I wanted to be able to put my feet forward if I felt a bit cramped and so I put these on. They are Honda Goldwing parts and thanx to the forum, I picked a few brains.

20171209_133034.jpg
20171209_133057.jpg
I too have the Rivco GL1800 foot rests, be careful if you lean too far they will scrape on the bottom.

Yes, scraping may be a problem so I positioned mine so they will flip back towards me rather than up...don't want to be breaking them!

Yes, scraping may be a problem so I positioned mine so they will flip back towards me rather than up...don't want to be breaking them!
I’m talking about scraping the underside of where it mounts to your foot control rail

Paradoxically I am looking for a solution to do the reverse - To have a set of pegs behind the Classic boards - just to get a change of leg position on long runs.
Do you thing those GL1800 pegs/clamps would support your weight if you stood on them? - I would go the Chinese route because frankly they will NOT get a lot of use.

If you stand on them upright they will slip. Very hard to get the clamps tight enough without stippling the foot rail bar with a centre punch, but achievable then I would think. I do a similar thing between my Roadster pegs and the H'way pegs on the crash bars. I actually also rest my heels on the extra pegs on the foot bar and ball of foot / toes on the h'way bar pegs - gives me about 4 different foot positions on a long ride and using mini boards in the Roadster peg position I get a 5th by placing my heels behind the mini boards.
I like options on a 500 mile day. ;):D

Last edited:
They should be fine but if you want to stand on them stipple your rails.
I have a cunning plan that MIGHT negate that need - Will mean the "peg" is actually above the frame rail a bit. And be a little more inboard. So wont irritate when I'm not using it.
It'll be coming on a SLOW BOAT and given the time of year I don't expect it to arrive this year.
This is not an issue. It's yukky weather today.

Back